shape
carat
color
clarity

Bracelets every woman should own in her lifetime...

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies (& gents) what are some bracelets (in your opinion) that every woman should own in her lifetime? I have 3:

-1 WG princess cut tennis bracelet
-1 fresh water pearl bracelet
-1 James Avery 14k gold charm bracelet
-1 Pandora bangle charm bracelet
-1 Trollbeads bangle

What about y'all? What do you think? Pics welcome, I'm at work however so no can do...

Last edited:
W

westofhere

1. Solid gold bangle, 18k or 24k (depending on culture/custom/preference)
2. Statement link bracelet in preferred metal with non-hollow links
3. Tennis bracelet
4. Charm bracelet if you like them (Tiffanys and James Avery keep getting more expensive while the charms get cheaper looking/use less and less gold, so I recommend sourcing your own charms).

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think that this one is person specific. Much of what is traditional isn't something I'd wear or want.

I have a few bracelets. But, they don't get a lot of wear. The one I wear most is a Victorian conversion piece with the chain added to the rose cut component.

Definitely not what most would choose!

PXL_20210601_140908202.jpg

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I think that this one is person specific. Much of what is traditional isn't something I'd wear or want.

I have a few bracelets. But, they don't get a lot of wear. The one I wear most is a Victorian conversion piece with the chain added to the rose cut component.

Definitely not what most would choose!

PXL_20210601_140908202.jpg

Love it! So unique!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think this is very person-specific too.

Its funny but I had never heard of a "troll beads bangle" before and had to google it. I learn so many things on PriceScope!

For me, my foundation bracelets are:

White gold chunky chain bracelet
Yellow gold chunky chain bracelet
Akoya pearl bracelet (Mikimoto)
Tennis bracelet or diamond bangle (I don't own this yet, but I'm working on it!)
VCA Onyx and YG Vintage Alhambra bracelet

I'd like to add a rose gold piece too but I haven't identified which one specifically yet. I love the Anita Ko spike bracelet because sometimes I feel the need to go with a more edgy look than my more traditional bracelets allow for. I like the contrast between it being rose gold (which seems more feminine to me) with the spikes (which seem a little dangerous). So perhaps this will be my next bracelet purchase:
SmallAK80-RG_620x.jpg

Last edited:
For me the most “necessary” bracelets a woman can have are the following:

1) daily wear appropriate bracelet in WG, RG and YG (so, 3 bracelets)
2) tennis bracelet or eternity bangle (my ideal size is 0.25-0.4ct each stone - I feel like that size works as occasion wear and daily wear)
3) cuff/broad bracelet for occasion wear (something flashy and large/imposing on the hand).

I do have or want more bracelets but these are the most quintessential ones imo. I’m still working on items 2 and 3 though.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
after what happened to @mellowyellowgirl 's jade bangle the other day im rethinking

i guess im happy with my fabulous fashion fake bracelets- it still hurts when they get lost or broken though

i have lost two silver belcher bracletes :(2 both hardly warn :(2
i had to stop my self buying another one the other day

i like simple chains
i like stacks of simple bracletes or even beads
if i have a broken necklase or chain i often make 2 bracletes out of it

i like leather bracletes but they tend to smell after a while (yes i wash and dry them)

i love pearls but i dont think i want a pearl braclete
i have mum's silver pearl bangle

i love cuffs
i now wear my silver cuff 24/7

i have a nice lab saphire braclete i never wear, i doubt id wear a tennis braclete

i like plain gold or silver bangles
or ones with gems in and engraving - i would one day like one of those

i dont like charm bracletes and i think pandora are over priced and way too busy looking - and kinda messy

dangles are an accident waiting to happen
(in saying that i did just buy a pandora charm dangle for an unrelated project)

of course just my opinion for my wrists
you lovelly ladies wear what you love =)2
i like gents with bracletes

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love bracelets.
Especially because, like rings, I can admire them to my hearts content.
I have a few, ok a lot, of bracelets. These would be my list for a well rounded jewellery wardrobe.
1. A diamond tennis bracelet.
2. A solid gold bangle.
3. A Jade Bangle.
4. A finer bracelet, like a Diamond by the Yard bracelet.
5. A Charm Bracelet or a Gold Heart padlock bracelet.
6. A Pearl bracelet.

The only bracelet / bangle I don’t own but covet is a Cartier Love Bangle, one set with 10 diamonds. I just can’t bring myself to pay the big $$$$$ necessary to buy one. I think they are very overpriced.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok ok
ive been rethinking
id like a pearl station braclete but not the classic pearl braclete

and despite what i said about dangles i want this !
but its very impractical and is the same money as the materials for a new bathroom
il_75x75.1876847817_d356.jpg

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Bangles & bracelets are my favourite jewellery items!

I especially love solid golf bangles. I have two make from scrap gold (including my grandfathers gold from his teeth). My daughter wears one as well.
Solid link bracelets which could be made into charm bracelets.
pearl bracelets (not worn for daily wear - I’n worried my lifestyle would damage them).
I have two Pandora bangles with other older style two tone or solid gold charms - they don’t get daily wear now. I don’t like their new charms at all! My daughter also has one.
I also have two nomination charm bracelets which are so easy to wear. My daughter also has two and they are nice & easy to add to.
I would like a nice tennis bracelet when I grow up :razz:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few bracelets that I rarely wear. But I am trying to refine that little collection to a few I will wear.

1) VCA onyx pave wg Alhambra bracelet (have)

2) VCA solid gold Alahambra bracelet (have)

3) WF tennis bracelet (I am thinking bezel set to be more casual) (I have an old one I never wear. It's pre-PS quality!)

4) WF diamond bangle... maybe (I love how easy it is to take these on and off as opposed to chain bracelets)

I don't love any other designer bracelets, so I am kind of stuck at those 4, although I might consider another Alhambra bracelet in another color. In reality, I should see how much wear those get before adding more! I am open to a heavier chain bracelet or bangle if I found one I love, though. I've thought of a Mikimoto bracelet many times, but I am afraid I'd wear it as seldom as I wear my pearl necklaces!

My very favorite bracelet is the VCA Perlee Clover bangle, but I cannot bring myself to pay that much for a bracelet that isn't heavily weighted in diamonds! If it were half the price, I might do it!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love a Yellow gold charm bracelet with charms specifically collected to mean something and added on over the years.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Pictures people pictures!!! Haha! Especially of the poster who did the scrap gold. I would love to see. I have three gold bangles all from my mom. I only have one with me right now to photograph.

image.jpg

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Pictures people pictures!!! Haha! Especially of the poster who did the scrap gold. I would love to see. I have three gold bangles all from my mom. I only have one with me right now to photograph.

image.jpg

5AEB7334-1325-45C2-9B63-A68727FB1FEE.jpeg

These are my bangles made from scrap. Broken bits & pieces, odd earrings & my Poppa’s gold teeth. Two different profiles. The one on the left is slightly rounded on top. The one on the right is flat (exact same profile as the bangle sizing tool used at the Jewellers). Both cost about $250 to be made & they are heavy!
I love them. I never take them off… they are scratched & tarnished. They really need a polish…. I always keep any scrap piece of gold & keep it in a bag until it builds up to a usable quantity.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love solid gold bangles and chunky big link bracelets. Think Verdura, Buccellati, and Vhernier etc.

A Tiffany Victoria diamond tennis bracelet would set me up for life!

cheers--Sharon

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
I love bangles and bracelets. They are my most worn pieces of jewellery. For the last six months or so I have been wearing my YG, RG Cartier Loves, RG Pave Love and RG VCA clover bangle 24/7 on my left wrist. My right wrist changes, however 80% of the time , I wear my Tiffany bone cuff as I like the look of bold gold on both wrists. The first pic I included my watch as it is bangle like :)
77221264-9BB9-4D21-A994-723BC4EA9E0C.jpeg
55CB5D23-D0C6-4CD0-833C-038DC3B43380.png

326A5349-DF96-4B74-92E9-2E3A60E7882E.jpeg

whilst I always look at buying more bracelets I think I only need one type which is a large curb link one from either Verdura or Seaman Scheppes.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
You have a Bone cuff...*swoon*...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I think this is very person-specific too.

Its funny but I had never heard of a "troll beads bangle" before and had to google it. I learn so many things on PriceScope!

For me, my foundation bracelets are:

White gold chunky chain bracelet
Yellow gold chunky chain bracelet
Akoya pearl bracelet (Mikimoto)
Tennis bracelet or diamond bangle (I don't own this yet, but I'm working on it!)
VCA Onyx and YG Vintage Alhambra bracelet

I'd like to add a rose gold piece too but I haven't identified which one specifically yet. I love the Anita Ko spike bracelet because sometimes I feel the need to go with a more edgy look than my more traditional bracelets allow for. I like the contrast between it being rose gold (which seems more feminine to me) with the spikes (which seem a little dangerous). So perhaps this will be my next bracelet purchase:
SmallAK80-RG_620x.jpg

Slightly OT: Speaking of lovely spiky things, I'm loving this Cartier Clash MP1_jw_cat_bracelets_clash.jpg.scale.480.380.high.jpg
I can never afford this but it fits my aesthetic to a tee.

Also funny as a general aside, I don't actually wear bracelets- ever, really, but I appreciate them. I only have two- a silver antique one and a brass torc that was the first thing my DH bought for me at a highlands festival a couple decades ago.

Last edited:

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
You have a Bone cuff...*swoon*...

It's my favourite bracelet/bangle that I have. My loves and clover bracelets were for the birth of my children and anniversaries, so hugely sentimental but the Peretti cuff, I coveted for years and years before I got it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love bracelets, and would say a tennis bracelet is a must-have in a jewellery wardrobe.

I wear a cheapo costume one on a daily basis for years, still do, and finally got round to getting an earth-mined diamond one a few years ago that I wear for dressier events.

I tried to resist getting a tennis bracelet as I have other diamond bracelets that I could wear, however, the calling is too strong and resistance was futile.

I would stack up to 4 on my right wrist, the tennis bracelet being one of them, always.

On a day to day basis, it would be two costume bracelets: a tennis one and a Nomination charm bracelet.

I would love to have a grand bracelet one day that I would wear on its own.

I shall post some photos of my stacks later.

DK :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some sort of diamond bracelet that can withstand water, soap and daily wear and one bold statement piece that is also durable and wearable. I think that’s it. Funny because I have more bracelets than any other type of jewelry but I have discovered I don’t really need that many, just the right few. How funny.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some sort of diamond bracelet that can withstand water, soap and daily wear and one bold statement piece that is also durable and wearable.

Agree to that, hence I wear a costume tennis bracelet with bezel-set simulants most of the time so that I do not have to "baby" it.

The good one comes out now and again at dressier events.

DK :))

M

maru8888777

Bracelets are the thing I don't take off. I'm always looking for a statement, solid gold bracelet... I have a very basic 14k puffy curb that is probably taken from a watch chain that I just adore even if it's semi hollow, and I think that I would enjoy a finer, bigger, more solid version of that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results