shape
carat
color
clarity

Box clasp on Diamond tennis bracelet stuck

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, the box clasp of my tennis bracelet is stuck and I can’t get the bracelet off my wrist. The part that I’ve highlighted with a yellow arrow will no longer unlatch from the clasp. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove the bracelet without damaging it or myself?

Thank you! BDCBE327-8EA3-488B-8DFC-B8177FA54A13.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know whether that piece goes up, down or sideways. Did you call IDJ and ask them for advice? Other than that, I guess I would try to find a jeweler to help. I would hate to see it broken so maybe they could help. Sorry this happened!

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
The piece opens toward my wrist. Usually, I am able to flick it open with no issue, but for whatever reason, it's stuck! My plan is to call IDJ or try to go see them tomorrow or Friday. Unfortunately, this happened last weekend when they were closed and I've been traveling all week! Was hoping someone had some tips or tricks so I could avoid the trip/getting the bracelet cut off!

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
Update: went to a jeweler closer to my house who was able to get the bracelet off with a pair of tiny pliers. I inspected the diamonds and the clasp with a 40x loupe and can say nothing looks worse for the wear!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: went to a jeweler closer to my house who was able to get the bracelet off with a pair of tiny pliers. I inspected the diamonds and the clasp with a 40x loupe and can say nothing looks worse for the wear!

That is wonderful! Hopefully it won’t happen again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results