shape
carat
color
clarity

bow tie setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
yet another question about settings
3.gif

i really like the bow tie type setting, but have only seen it done with round diamonds... does anyone know if that can be done with princess cuts? or if it can be done similarly to achieve the same effect? i really like how the shank tapers as it reaches the center stone, i think it makes it look very delicate

here''s a picture of the bow tie setting from james allen; i''ve seen similar ones where it does not taper quite so much...

I''ve searched almost everywhere for a similar setting with princess cuts, but haven''t been able to find anything!
7.gif

bowtie.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a classic design and putting a princess in it should be no problem.

The center assembly with the 4 prongs is made to be easilly replaced with pretty much whatever you want.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
looking back, my original post wasnt clear at all...
25.gif

what i meant to say was that i''d like to have the princess diamonds actually within the channel itself. i figure it may be a problem since they are square and it''d be hard to let it taper... but i''m hoping there''s a way to at least achieve the same effect...

sorry for being confusing :)

umgoblue2003

Rough_Rock
i''m bumping myself :)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It could be made on a special order basis with princess cuts in the shoulders, but it might not end up with the smooth internior line that can be created by using graduated round diamonds. The straight sides on each princess cut would need to be somewhat hidden by the matal which does not run at 90 degrees to the sides of the stones. It might not look as good as rounds. It sure would be a challenge to make it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results