shape
carat
color
clarity

Bouquet help-berries and beach grass

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I was all set to go with a blue, ivory, and silver color scheme, but I ended up getting a dress that has cranberry beading with ivory and silver embroidery (see pic). While I still plan to have blue as the main color for linens and whatnot, and cream flowers in a cobalt blue bowl as the buffet table centerpiece, I don''t think a bouquet that is mainly blue would go very well with the dress.

Now what I am thinking of is a bouquet of cream colored flowers (iris, orchids, or roses, I''m not too picky) with sprigs of red berries and fine grasses like beach grass. I might try to work in bits of blue as well, like lavender or lilacs. I''ll probably use silk flowers, and either do it myself or have it made custom. Does anyone have pictures of flowers fitting this description? Thanks!

embdet2.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
There''s a really pretty berry called Hypericum I think, but since you''re going silk, maybe you could give a nod to NE and use cranberries?

I did a google search and found this, which is actually from a florist in MA, oddly enough....
http://www.posiesandpoppies.com/slideshow/bridal.php?id=28
196664286_c9157af6a2.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Holy cr*p, that''s perfect! Will you be my wedding consultant? I''ll return the favor!
9.gif
. The hypericum berries actually look a LOT like cranberries, and I can''t seem to find many artifical cranberries, so I think they''ll work. I think I''ll go with slightly smaller roses, or a mix of buds and open flowers. Love that florist, too. If I were going to go real, they''re perfectly located.

Huh, and hypericum is St. John''s Wort. Didn''t know that.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m glad you like it! I think it would look great with a mix of roses and buds, and I bet you could add a few blue flowers in too. I can''t find an example of it, but I can visualize it. Maybe some lavender or some grape hyacinth.

I just noticed that florist is in Newburyport! How crazy! That would be perfect! But since you won''t need a lot of flowers, I think silk is a good way to go. It''s hard to get a good price on just a bouquet and a boutteinere. Are you doing any other flowers, like corsages for the moms and bouts for the dads?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 11:03:00 PM
Author: sumbride
Yay! I''m glad you like it! I think it would look great with a mix of roses and buds, and I bet you could add a few blue flowers in too. I can''t find an example of it, but I can visualize it. Maybe some lavender or some grape hyacinth.

I just noticed that florist is in Newburyport! How crazy! That would be perfect! But since you won''t need a lot of flowers, I think silk is a good way to go. It''s hard to get a good price on just a bouquet and a boutteinere. Are you doing any other flowers, like corsages for the moms and bouts for the dads?

Yes, I''ll probably do single roses with the berries for the corsages and bouts. And I think some lavender would work in there as well, all tied with a silver ribbon. Aphisglovessae made a GORGEOUS bouquet with silk flowers she got from Save-on-crafts.com, and I''ll probably just buy a bunch of roses from them to make it all. They have a ton of varieties of flowers and geenery. They also have premade (but not tied) rose bouquets for like, 10 bucks. Can''t beat that.

Ooh, and it will go with my antique ivory rose choker! Yay! I''m so excited!

OK, I''m weirding myself out now. I am not the kind of person who gets excited about flowers. What is WRONG with me?
23.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 11:19:10 PM
Author: Selkie
Date: 7/23/2006 11:03:00 PM

Yes, I''ll probably do single roses with the berries for the corsages and bouts. And I think some lavender would work in there as well, all tied with a silver ribbon. Aphisglovessae made a GORGEOUS bouquet with silk flowers she got from Save-on-crafts.com, and I''ll probably just buy a bunch of roses from them to make it all. They have a ton of varieties of flowers and geenery. They also have premade (but not tied) rose bouquets for like, 10 bucks. Can''t beat that.

OK, I''m weirding myself out now. I am not the kind of person who gets excited about flowers. What is WRONG with me?

23.gif

Welcome to my world, selkie!
35.gif
At least it''s a pretty one!
31.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Selkie, sorry that I can''t be of any help with the bouquet. Just wanted to chime in and say that I LOVE the cranberry-colored details in your dress. So pretty!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2006 11:19:10 PM
Author: Selkie

23.gif
Oh, Selkie, don''t worry! This is a short-lived dementia! Just a little over a year from now you''ll be sane again! I love flowers but can''t bring them home because one of my cats EATS them. Doesn''t matter what kind of flowers, he''ll eat any flower, any plant, just can''t keep him away from them. So there you go, you get my flower excitement for now!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding colors were berries (mostly red with blue and purple accents), so we had silk berries in all our flowers - the guys' bout's were all silk berries and greens, except for DH.

Bouquets:
IMG_7508small.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Since you''ll be doing a red bouquet, red in your dress, etc... are you sure you want to use blue as your other color? The reason we added purple into our berry scheme is so we wouldn''t look like an obsessively patriotic wedding party. Just a thought. :)

Better detail of my bouquet

JCBouquetberries.JPG

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 10:08:23 AM
Author: JCJD
Since you''ll be doing a red bouquet, red in your dress, etc... are you sure you want to use blue as your other color? The reason we added purple into our berry scheme is so we wouldn''t look like an obsessively patriotic wedding party. Just a thought. :)

I was kind of thinking about that too.... but if the berries are sort of cranberryish instead of bright red, and the blue is more of a lavender blue, and the white is more of a creamy white.... maybe it would play out ok. Just not too much blue... little sprigs would be fine, to play up that luscious sapphire, but it should only be an accent.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
BM dresses, bouquets, me
IMG_7892small.JPG

Berry bout.

JCJDBerryBout.JPG

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 10:13:34 AM
Date: 7/24/2006 10:08:23 AM

Author: JCJD

I was kind of thinking about that too.... but if the berries are sort of cranberryish instead of bright red, and the blue is more of a lavender blue, and the white is more of a creamy white.... maybe it would play out ok. Just not too much blue... little sprigs would be fine, to play up that luscious sapphire, but it should only be an accent.

Thanks for posting your flowers, JCJD. They are beautiful, and I love the look with the berries. It looks amazingly rich with the bridesmaids red dresses. I was worried about the July 4th overload look, too, but like Sum suggested, I''ll used muted blues and pinkish reds. I may forgo the blue in my bouquet altogether, and just use it in the table deco. I''m going to play it by ear, since it''s a REALLY informal wedding on a boat.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie, I did hypernicum berries as an accent for my fall wedding...they turned out just gorgeous. I think the berries (although they are red) will pick up whatever other colors you put in your bouquet, BM''s bouquets, boutennieres, etc. I loved them and was so glad my florist suggested them.

jdavid10

Rough_Rock
Hello my name is jane. i saw your post regarding mon amie and i am actually in the mids of researching them (i didn''t know if you still looked at that post because the last post was 3 months ago). i wanted to ask a couple of questions and was wondering if i could get your email. thanks!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jane-we''re not allowed to give out emails on the forum anymore, but feel free to ask me questions here. I haven''t been back since that visit, so don''t have too much to report other than what I already wrote. All in all, it was a fairly positive experience.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results