shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought this pear about a 1 1/2 month ago

cnelson2

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I bought this diamond a month and a half ago. I have already sent it off to be set with David Klass, I was just wondering if I did a decent job or if I screwed up. I know it doesn't matter in terms of getting a new one because I am very happy with how it looked on James Allen and in person, I just wanted to get some professional feedback.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.07-carat-j-color-vvs1-clarity-sku-683601
Thanks for the feedback.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love it and are happy with how it looks that's all that matters. How will you set it??

alamana

Shiny_Rock
If you are happy with how it looks and you've sent it to DK, that is all that matters, right?

Q

Queenie60

I am certainly not an expert - It looks lovely. Look forward to seeing how you set it. Post pictures when available. :wavey:

Coralfish

Shiny_Rock
It's pretty standard for a pear. There are a lot of tiny virtual facets in the tip and bottom with a small band of crisp faceting across the middle. In reality this probably translates as a bright and fiery narrow middle band, which when on will be lovely and when off a 'bow tie', but the tip and bottom will be at best pinfire (which some love) and at worst mush. I personally would prefer to see crisper-appearing faceting throughout more of the stone, which sometimes comes at a cost of depth and hence face-up size. An ASET prior to purchase can be a useful tool.

But as others say, if you've compared it to a number of different stones and this is the look that appeals, then that's what matters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results