shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought this but would want to replace the garnets. Bad idea?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
5061D306-85DB-4441-A9D5-2068AE9CAC4B.jpeg

It’s 9k yellow gold and I paid $255. I would ideally like to collect diamonds to replace the garnets but could do yellow sapphires too. Thoughts on if this would be too expensive? Not feasible? Really just a terrible idea?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
That's a terrible, labor intensive, and expensive project. You're better off making a brand new one with diamonds you can find, rather than finding diamonds that fit in there.

Fair point. We’ll see if I can cancel the order.

Btw thanks for always helping with my issues and half baked ideas lol.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty as is, and the price is good. Switching out the stones is just terrible all around because it'll be impossible to find the right size without spending way more than starting fresh.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty as is, and the price is good. Switching out the stones is just terrible all around because it'll be impossible to find the right size without spending way more than starting fresh.

I’ve wanted one forever but don’t want to spend the $2500+ I’ve seen them go for. But I can keep looking. I like scrolling through too many listings.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It looks about 1.5"? at that size you're looking at about 2k+ in loose diamonds regardless. Not including the labor of matching them up.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Nah, cancel. Everything fortekitty said. You’re gonna spend more money and even more time trying to find perfectly sized stones that fit.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Nah, cancel. Everything fortekitty said. You’re gonna spend more money and even more time trying to find perfectly sized stones that fit.

They ended up shipping so I might just wear it with the garnets and wait til I can find a well priced diamond one. I should ask these questions before buying but ya know... impulse shopping...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They ended up shipping so I might just wear it with the garnets and wait til I can find a well priced diamond one. I should ask these questions before buying but ya know... impulse shopping...

Its very pretty
No reason it can't be your inspirational piece
Sony forget to show us neck shots when it arrives

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing that I have learned adds up quick is prong work because they charge per prong. So if you are a vintage lover and find a great deal on a ring with lots of little diamonds but the prongs are shot, it’s not such a good deal by the time you get done paying for all the labor.

That’s what a lot of folks don’t consider when buying jewelry, I have to remind myself sometimes even still!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it as is. Very pretty, love the red garnets in their yellow gold collet settings. You could make a pin or use as a pendant.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if crescents are popular at the moment or rare, but having been on a similar journey understand your pain about the high prices. Hoping they are bad pics and it will be sparkly and awesome when you see it in person. If not, perhaps a sapphire or paste crescent could be a budget friendly solution.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results