shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought the engagement ring!!! have some questions....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
I bought the engagement ring from recently - Memoire Purity collection eternity ring and a great diamond to compliment it! I dont want to get into details incase my fiance to be stumbles upon this. however i do want to know some minor details about what to expect... since i did the purchase over the phone through the vendor should i be receiving documentation from memoire about the warranty and to authenticate that it is indeed a memoire ring? also i should get the actual diamond certificate too correct?

since i didnt get this from a brick and mortar store locally how do i go about getting the ring cleaned? and do i need to have it checked out every 6 months or so to make sure the prongs are ok?

the vendor will be sending me a cleaning kit for free but that still wont be as good as the actual machine that cleans it..

what do you all do that purchase online through WF, pearlmans etc? what do you receive when you get the ring shipped to your house?

thanks!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash doesn''t ship to your door, they ship to the closest FedEx and it''s held there for your signature.

As for cleaning, I just clean it at home with shampoo (lots of grease cutters) and blow dry. I don''t use lotion so my ring actually stays fairly clean. I''m not one to run off to the jewelers every 6 months, that''s what insurance is for. Of course I have no sentimental attachment to my stone as I purchased it for myself. If you have any concerns most jewelers with a bench will give your stone a quick look see for free. After all, they have you in the store and there''s always a chance you''ll find a bauble you like
2.gif

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 1:54:31 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Whiteflash doesn''t ship to your door, they ship to the closest FedEx and it''s held there for your signature.

As for cleaning, I just clean it at home with shampoo (lots of grease cutters) and blow dry. I don''t use lotion so my ring actually stays fairly clean. I''m not one to run off to the jewelers every 6 months, that''s what insurance is for. Of course I have no sentimental attachment to my stone as I purchased it for myself. If you have any concerns most jewelers with a bench will give your stone a quick look see for free. After all, they have you in the store and there''s always a chance you''ll find a bauble you like
2.gif
this would be my fiances engagement ring.. i dont think we are going to be putting shampoo on it to clean it..

ill use the cleaning kit it comes with and maybe if we really want to we cna do what you suggested.. go to any jewlerly store and get them to clean it.

i got this from pearlmans and they are shipping it to me directly. with regard to my other question.. should i expect to receive the diamond cert and any docs from memoire??

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Don''t knock the shampoo it does work
2.gif
I know I have tried it :D

If it is not a pave ring I would get an ultrasonic cleaner make it super clean :D

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, anything with grease cutting agents works as well as professional cleaning or my ultrasonic cleaner. Dawn or shampoo, depending on what''s on hand, plus soft toothbrush being my favorites.

If it''s gold, don''t use anything with ammonia, just an FYI. Or toothpaste- that''s one odd one I keep hearing from people, usually when I''m at work talking to the general public and someone asks me about cleaning their jewelry... I dunno where that advice started coming from, but it isn''t that great. Toothpaste is too abrasive and can scratch settings over time... I doubt it would damage a diamond, but it can certainly wear the finish of a setting down.

lovehersomuch

Shiny_Rock
great thanks for the cleaning tips..

also can someone address my other question? should i expect to receive cert and docs from memoire?

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock

Date: 5/29/2008 3:02:24 PM
Author: lovehersomuch
great thanks for the cleaning tips..

also can someone address my other question? should i expect to receive cert and docs from memoire?

Why not contact Memoire directly and ask them?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results