shape
carat
color
clarity

bought platinum solitaire in Hatton Garden yesterday - and now sick with worry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hnc

Rough_Rock
I am from Toronto, but live in London, England. Yesterday we bought my platinum solitare engagement ring from an established shop in Hatton Garden. Very happy moment!

I only found this site today, and after reading posts about buying from Hatton Garden - literally feel incredibly ill with worry. I expect a shop to be 'over' priced given that they must earn a living too, but I did NOT know the reputation for selling bad diamonds. Is this true?

We bought a 0.80 carat, G , S1 for £2570. In my humble amatuer opinion I think this was way too much. However my fiance was very eager to buy 'the one he liked the best' that had lots of 'sparkle'. Were we taken for a ride???

We put down £570 to pay the remaining £2000 next week when we pick it up. Is it worth at that point to haggle about the price? Also what would be your estimation of its worth??

I'm sure we would have been better off waiting to buy the ring in Toronto, especially given the Canadian dollar...but nevertheless...were we completely and entirely screwed??

Any advice is welcome!
Thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The romance has taken over. I would forget about it - you can not go back - the ring is yours (well actually your fiancee's)now and the magic of the moment would be lost.

hnc

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU so much!

You are completely right...the magic of the moment would be lost. The more I have thought about it, I have come to this same conclusion. This ring was bought with love and I shouldn't be so nit picky so as to take away the true meaning.

Thank you again for your quick reply. I think I really needed that reassurance and good knock to the head.

nethead

Rough_Rock
In case you need any more reassuring, I have been shopping around Toronto recently for an engagement diamond. What you paid, when converted to C$, is not out of line with what jewellery stores and so-called "wholesalers" are charging here in T.O. :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results