shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought paraiba - disappointed

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t see how OP’s situation would be different if this vendor was selling on FB. Aside from not being liked and lauded by you.

Sorry for the detail @Mintaka

I must answer this, as it was added in. Sorry.

This is not true; Instagram is a selling tool that should be utilized. =)2 No problem there. I just like the options that Facebook gives the seller over Instagram. I just like the options it gives the buyer for protection in sales group administered by responsible people, but nothing is foolproof.

It is here on this forum where I read that some members here do not trust Instagram, even on this thread. But at the same time, they probably feel the same way about Facebook, all things being equal.

And yes, the situation would be the same. That is something that cannot be helped no matter the sales platform in cyberspace.

Good luck to the OP. :)

I’m 10/7.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a ridiculous amount of stones from this vendor. Her photos are accurate, and I've only been disappointed in one stone, which was really my fault as I didn't look closely at the pictures and figured it would look better in person. You have to remember that lighting is everything. Of course vendors are going to take photos in the most flattering light. Who wouldn't? A lot also seriously depends where you live and your lighting, just as stones change outdoors vs indoors. My location has more direct sunlight. The worst vendors are the ones who use the lightbox and shine a light directly on the stones. I can never replicate it.

Paraiba are rare stones. You often have to weigh color vs clarity due to budgetary constraints. When they are photographed against a white background, they look awesome because the color is saturated and you don't see the transparency of the stone and how little saturation there actually is. And again, it depends on your lighting and location. When you look at a photo of one, pay close attention to all the inclusions and really try to examine the various photos. Even Yvonne's stones will show a gorgeous color, but there's a window and/or inclusions. Anyhow, keep looking and don't assume what you receive will be better than what you see.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having been lucky enough to purchase all my Paraiba years ago I absolutely sympathise with how tough it must be trying to find a decent size stone with great saturation and glow. I honestly don’t like the stones you’ve bought and I totally agree that they are lacking in saturation which in turn will affect the glow. I think you’re doing the right thing by getting a store credit. If the seller is good and you trust their “eye” they will hopefully know what you’re looking for and find you something better. Good luck.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting your thoughts. Fair reviews make this place great. I think I lucked out on my paraiba, chrysoprase and spinels, because the color was accurate. I hope you will find something you absolutely love. Maybe ask her for more photos in different lighting before using the store credit?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results