shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought my wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
Well I know there arent any diamonds in this, but Im really excited because Im a geologist, rocks are cool...hehe, and it's a really different ring. I just got my white gold outer edge, METEORITE centre metal ring. The meteorite is mined from an impact crater in africa, that impacted more than 10,000 years ago. the designer is chris ploof, and he doesn amazing work, on different kinds of wedding bands, both male and female. Can't wait till I can actually wear it!!! This sin't a picture I took, but off of his site as my camera is broken.

meteoritering18kpalladium.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! What mm width will yours be?

My DH has a Chris Ploof wedding band. His work is quite pretty.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is quite a cool band! I can see why you are excited to wear it!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! My husband went for a similar look for his ring... We just love the two tone look!
26.gif
26.gif
26.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
It''s very nice! I want to see hand shots!

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
the width I am getting is 6mm. I love the crystalline structure of the meteorite metal. You don''t see that in most metals, if any that are common. If you guys are interested here is his website. www.chrisploof.com For those of you looking for husbands to be he also does some really cool mokume gane work, and since this IS a diamond forum, he even sets diamonds in his work.

fluffynurse

Rough_Rock
i think its a very nice ring and a nice idea !

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
cool band!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, SDL!!!! Your band is soooo cool, sparxs!
36.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Nice looking and very unique. I also loved the two tone rolled edge rings he does.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the coodos everyone. We guys like to sometimes show off our little trinkets as well....

zoeybear

Rough_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous! I never knew there was anything out there like that. My husband is also a geologist and this would be perfect for him. Is there a site out there with his price ranges?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There were prices on the site when we ordered a couple of years ago but no longer. I wonder if it''s because of the sky rocketing metal prices lately. My husband''s is an 8mm (which was extra at the time) Damascus steel ring by Chris Ploof for under $1000. Damascus is kinda like mokume game in pattern. I''m not sure of the difference but DH read up and wanted Damascus.

The gold and steel Damascus and Mokume game rings started at $1500 at the time, more for platinum. Hope that helps you guess price wise for those two types of designs at least.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
Ya, unfortunately his website doesn't have prices, but I paid 1300 for a 6mm white gold/meteorite. Meteorite is going up in prices, and from a previous conversation Chris' prices may be going up due to all the increases in metal prices lately. I believe the 5mm version was 1200. However I will say, he replies to his email within the day, and they always answer the phone when called. Only took a week to get the ring done!!! As for the site just look at www.chrisploof.com for all his contact info, and OTHER designs...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2008 2:41:43 PM
Author: sparxs111
Thanks for the coodos everyone. We guys like to sometimes show off our little trinkets as well....
Well then don''t forget to post handshots for us!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I stumbled across the meteorite rings right after we bought my husband''s platinum band. He looooves all things astronomy, and he was a little disappointed we didn''t find those rings sooner. But he loves his ring anyway fortunately.

Yours looks awesome though! So cool. Wear it in good health
1.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I like that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results