shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought e-ring 2 years ago in B&M, looking to upgrade online, what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockyhora

Rough_Rock
I purchased a GIA cert'd .9ct diamond 2 years ago in a B&M and was too chicken to buy online at the time. Now, I want to upgrade the stone and want to buy from one of the PS vendors. Reading this forum and other's experiences have really helped build confidence!

I would like help in figuring out my options?

1) Ebay the old diamond -- I figure I will lose more than 50% of the purchase price
2) Sell on classifieds
3) Trade up with online vendor - is this even possible?

Also, the ring is currently set - can I still get a Sarin report? As of right now, all the info I have comes straight off of the GIA report (I know, I know, its terrible that I bought a rock without this!).

One last question - the jeweler I bought from offers lifetime replacement of the stone if it ever falls out due to loose prongs, similar to the robbins bros promise. Is this just a fear tactic or is there any value in this? My wife is very active and rarely takes the rock off and it has never felt or looked loose...

Thanks for all the help!

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
My 2c

Read the topic in the education forum Selling a diamond

It seems to recommend eBay as your best $ choice. What I've read is you'll need lot's of photos and a new appraisal will help. I believe the appraiser can do a Sarin report if he removes the stone.

You can also search for old threads on selling.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask some of the vendors here first. See if any of them will do it.
If not, I would try classifieds next. Then if that doesn't work, you could always try ebay
errrr.gif
Good luck~!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results