shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a ring and rock! Proposal time

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A513804B-DD15-42EC-8C6F-34FBB47BAB48.jpeg This is actually the one I am looking at. The trinity with 5 small diamonds in it. Figure I can still do the mirror scratch speech with it at L’aperouse cause this one has some rocks in it. Been talking with Cartier and the shop at the Champs Elysses has it on hold for me in 6.5. The rub is they DO NOT do refunds if she decides she doesn’t like it. Can exchange it for a different size or for something else in the store... but no refunds on purchases. So that’s another gamble. At least it’s inky a $3k gamble and not a $10k one. Oh and they said they will most likely be closed on Sat for protests so would have to do any size changes or engravings on Sunday. What do y’all think of this one? Is it better without the diamonds?
@Corely I have been quietly following your journey and I am really happy that you were able to get a refund and start fresh (hopefully with the help of this community) once you and your SO are ready to purchase an engagement ring.

I am certain that your trip to Paris will be magnificent and I love your Cartier trinity/classic band idea. That said, I would advice you that you stick with the classic design and forgo the diamonds. The price hike just doesn’t seem justifiable considering that you have another upcoming purchase and knowing that your fiancé-to-be doesn’t even like warm metals and that the purchase will be non-refundable, if she doesn’t like it.

My suggestion would be that you go with the small or the classic versions:
https://www.cartier.com/en-us/colle...r/rings/b4086100-trinity-de-cartier-ring.html
https://www.cartier.com/en-us/colle...r/rings/b4052700-trinity-de-cartier-ring.html

That way, if she wants to exchange it for something else, you are likely to find other alternatives and not feel like you have to stick to the higher price. The $1k price difference can go toward her center stone.

Corely

Rough_Rock
Success from Paris! Forgive all the pictures of non FC745573-1073-4FC1-B9F3-55245A886E36.jpeg ring gen stone stuff. Just thought y’all might want to see the fruits of everyone’s efforts inland what we look like haha. She said yes!!! That is the important thing. She loves the Carrier ring. But size is a bit off. Tried to go back today but they closed due to protests so going tomorrow to look at other options. Oh... they o courage scratching the famous mirrors at Lapergouse. You can see dates etchings from ththe 1800’s 1940’d and throughly time bits a history of love proclamation. It was always about nostalgia and history and a permanent story in history. Not to prove the thing is real. Her 10 year is of daughter can take her grandchildren to this restaurant and see out etchings from the night I proposed in this timeless mirrors. Oh and the food was absolutely amazing. But. We didn’t scratch the mirrror with the ring. But with a knife instead. Going to look at ring options and exchanges tomorrow but she may keep this one in a different size. Thanks again to all of you for your help and guidance!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! What an amazing trip! Best wishes for this next phase for your family :)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! Congrats to you all!!! Thank you for posting the pictures!!!! It gave me a dose of happy too!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy endings that are just the beginning!! Your family is beautiful and I wish you all a wonderful life together.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m over the moon thrilled for you! Congratulations and very best wishes for future happiness together as a family! Well done.

#LoveIsAllYouNeed (+ diamonds)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow the food looks exquisite!!!!!! So happy for you all <3

Also, you don’t know it now, but pricescope quality is something you will not regret!!!! You have to see it to believe it. When you’re ready, we will help you find the ring of her dreams, maximizing quality and the budget!!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was wondering about you guys today!! What an awesome update. Congratulations! The dinner looked so cool, a pyramid of French fries. :lol-2:

I think the trinity ring looks beautiful on her! How fun to go back and either get the right fit or settle on a wedding band (or whatever you decide).

Congrats, again, and have a very Merry Christmas!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! So glad to see this happy ending. Beautiful photos.

Look forward to seeing all the help you're able to get when the time comes for the diamond!

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh I just love this! The pics are awesome! What a beautiful family! I love the trinity ring and can't wait to see the ER y'all decide on! Congratulations! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awwwwww! CONGRATS!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!!!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best wishes!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and glad she likes the Trinity ring! Enjoy the rest of the trip and the beginning of your new life together. :)

And thanks for sharing all of the photos. You have a beautiful family. :)

Caly27

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous and that dress!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These photos are awesome! You're a beautiful looking family, and that food looks AMAZING! The whole idea and presentation is so romantic and lovely - hoping the exchange on the ring happens without a hitch and so pleased you're going to find your girl a diamond and setting of which she can be truly proud.

Congratulations!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I’m so glad it’s worked out so well and she said yes!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update and congrats! Beautiful pictures

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! You guys are ADORABLE!
So happy for you.
Thank you for sharing with us.
All beautiful, happy, exciting photos, but
the photo of you with her daughter at the Tower brought tears to my eyes.
Paris looks amazing. you had this wonderful vision and it all worked out. :appl:

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO happy for you all, these pics are so uplifting, and your joy is so evident! You are a beautiful family and your fiancee is such a lucky lady!

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg, love it all! My favorite pic is the tower of French fries for her daughter. I love it when fancy restaurants don’t take themselves too seriously!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C20A01B3-B0B8-4EF2-80E7-AAF2A8F5C642.jpeg
Thank you for sharing! I’ve been following this thread and so happy everything worked out.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
You went from a wonky to a timeless classic that'll never go out of style.
My Cartier trinity from the early 90's.
Cartier.JPG

Well done, and congratulations!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results