carat
color
clarity

Bought a locket! Have a question.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful.
Yes, that’s the spot for an initial if you like, mine is blank and has remained blank.
A thought I had for mine was having 2 or 3 tiny diamonds set into it thatbspace. Or your birthstone.
If you have children, maybe their birthstones,

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful.
Yes, that’s the spot for an initial if you like, mine is blank and has remained blank.
A thought I had for mine was having 2 or 3 tiny diamonds set into it thatbspace. Or your birthstone.
If you have children, maybe their birthstones,

I love that idea too! I might wear it around for a while to see how I feel about adding diamonds/ engraving it.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh that is just so, so, SO lovely!!! If it were mine I would engrave my initials and my fiancé’s initials together.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is just so, so, SO lovely!!! If it were mine I would engrave my initials and my fiancé’s initials together.

That’s be a nice idea too! Especially since I wasn’t planning on having my husband’s photo in there.

Reactions: AV_

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely locket! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love that locket. Old world charm. :love:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful locket!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a really pretty piece. I'd be tempted to put in my initials, but I like the idea of small diamonds or your children's birthstone gems better. It keeps the piece timeless, while still personalizing it a bit. Great find!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
That's a really pretty piece. I'd be tempted to put in my initials, but I like the idea of small diamonds or your children's birthstone gems better. It keeps the piece timeless, while still personalizing it a bit. Great find!

I like all the ideas. I was planning on wearing it around for a while to see how I feel. But I think I’m leaning toward diamonds... maybe yellow? I’ll get opinions before I make moves. I asked my husband but it’s all the same to him.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
4A69BD90-BF4A-4ADE-A0D8-64731204736D.jpeg

I bought this locket. I saw it and thought, I need to own it.

But is that little blank space a place to have your initials engraved? I’ve seen initials on other older lockets. Or should I leave it as is?

This is absolutely beautiful, enjoy.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I love it. Gorgeous :love::love:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It would be gorgeous with a few rose cut diamonds, and they are very easy to wear because of being low-profile. Come back and show us if you add any stones!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I love antique lockets ! The romance, the charm!
Anyway, just a bit of caution here: be sure the metal is thick enough not to buckle if you set diamonds.
Engraving: oy!!! be absolutely certain you have a master engraver do the work. you'd be surprised how they can muck up the job....and you can't 'erase' a bad engraving.Also, his tool could slip and damage the surrounding engravings.you can't buff that mess out without losing the fine definition you have now. It's rare to have a locket with good detail that hasn't worn down after so many years.
and, also, do you think it would be cool to personalize it now when it's come all this way as it is?

but, I know how tempting an engraving space is! I put my initials on everything, so I'm not one to talk!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leaving it blank makes it look very generic and impersonal. But lockets are meant to be hugely personal. Make it your own. Engrave it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results