shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a Diamond

Lanceth101

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone I am new to the forum! I just bought my first diamond and would like to know if i got a decent deal. On it. I also have a video link I'll post but you have to watch in HD mode to really see. I also uploaded the GIA cert. I paid 10,800 for the diamond. It is the first diamond in the video. The 1.5 ct.

Do I have anything to worry about the medium blue floresence? I did not see the diamond under direct sunlight and its making me nervous. This diamond is also perfectly eye clean. Pleas tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKYfJ14gVgU

screenshot_2016-12-02-22-52-31.jpg

Lanceth101

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Very new to this I would like to know what you guys think about it. I hope I didn't get taken advantage of

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is 60/60 style, meaning it excels in spread and white light return. While many prefer a diamond with a smaller table and higher crown angle for more fire, some prefer this style.

It is a good stone. Do you like it?
Blue fluo is not an issue as long as it does not make the diamond appear milky or hazy, which you can inspect under both indoor and outdoor light.

Price is reasonable. You did not get ripped off if that is your main concern

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic spread, impressed with how big it looks compared to the 1.7.

Looks like a nice diamond, congratulations.

Lanceth101

Rough_Rock
I love the way it looks. What I did since I was a newbie was look up a chart that has the best proportions for round diamonds. The depth, table, pavilion angle and everyhing else fell in between excellent and very good.

http://www.lumeradiamonds.com/diamond-education/round-diamonds

I'm glad I don't have to worry about the florescence. My other concern is the GIA cert. The diamond to me is visually flawless but the cert says it has a knot, twisting wisps/crystals and feathers. Am I just blind or really don't know what I'm looking at? Would u guys be able to see the imperfections in the video I posted if it was a concern?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Usually those inclusions would be visible with a loupe. It is common for si1s to be eye clean. In a dynamic video with spot lighting, it would be almost impossible to spot, even zoomed in. Twinning wisps are usually more visually innocuous than other inclusions. Knots are cavities within diamonds, and it is usually advisable that you should discuss it with your vendoralthough (there are lots of threads about knots if you search) althougks small on the certificate. It seems like a very nice catch!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results