shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought a Brilliant Rose diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ltc

Rough_Rock
Hi all,I recently bought a brilliant rose diamond and would require some expert advise on it,Size: 0.83ct
Colour: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61.6%
Crown angle: 33.7 deg
Pavilion angle: 41.2 deg
Pavilion depth: 43.7%
Table size: 56.8%I have heard that the round brilliants are better than the brilliant rose diamond and I am afraid that I bought the wrong kind of diamond. Please give me your expert opinion.On HCA this diamond rated 3.2, scoring very good for everything except a good for scintillation. Is this a bad sign?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of the companies founders showed me these stones.
They are the same as brilliant cuts but for the extra facts on the bottom, and the same rules apply.
Above 1/2ct I think there are advantages in scintillation, but it is a very personal thing, others would prefer the blocky appearance of 8*'s.
The score of around 3 puts the stone in about the top 10% of diamonds from my experiance. Some would accept that, others would not. My own stock includes many diamonds that rate around there.
Enjoy it
garry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results