shape
carat
color
clarity

Boudoir Photos Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Just curious.....anyone plan on doing boudoir photos as part of their wedding day photography package or done in advance as a wedding day gift for the groom?

Being in the bridal industry, I am exposed to all sorts of trends. And this one is becoming more and more popular. Brides are either getting sexy yet tasteful shots of themselves on the morning of their wedding day (while getting ready and such) in their bridal lingerie before they get dressed, as a way to remember "the way I once looked", etc. Or its becoming increasingly popular to get sexy shots done and give to the groom as a gift the night before/morning of the wedding.

What do you gals think? Boudoir....a sexy surprise or mortifying trash?

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming they will be seen by no one but my husband and myself... I like the idea. Were it in the budget, I would probably do it!

I would actually love to have a record of what I look like naked-ish right now - I''m in decent shape, feeling good about my weight and size, and pre-children. One day I am sure I would love to look like what I do at this moment!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
But, what do you do with them? Store them away in a box for your kids to find when you''re sixty? Oh my gosh, MOM, you were hot!
Were?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am planning on having a boudoir shoot done and compiling an album for FI's wedding present. I plan to have some more artistic shots done (think silhouette of the back) which I think would be OK to display in the house. The others are for FI and FI alone...

I'm not an overly modest person and I figure I'll probably be in the best shape of my life prior to my wedding, so why not?

I'm also using a very well-respected woman photographer who is known for this type of work.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Not for me.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You know, ordinarily, I might think this was corny (or, better put, "not me"). But for some reason, since I''ve gotten engaged, I have been considering this. I, for some odd reason, have started to like the idea of having almost naked pics taken of me--how I am now (but a bit more toned wouldn''t hurt
3.gif
) so that when I look back in my 60''s I can say, "Damn I had a nice..."

So, to answer you, I am considering it. It depends on what kinds of funds I''m working with next year.

Plus some of the boudoir shots I''ve seen are really exquisitely done...very artistic and super sexy
31.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I had never heard of this, but I really like the idea! I''m not an overly modest person either and would like to have tastefully sexy shots to look back on when I''m a granny...

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I think I would definitely consider it. I really like my body and I know FF does too...
28.gif

I''m not sure I''d ever display them, but as a book /present for FF, maybe. Also I kind of think it would be fun. I like thinking that I''m sexy...

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I will be doing them. My FSIL is a photographer so she will take them for me. I like the idea as his ''wedding gift'' because I cannot afford anything else, so this is my way of showing him I was thinking of him. If the FSIL wouldn''t take the pictures I would not be getting them though as I would not feel comfortable having someone else see me like that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking about it...

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Ive already helped my SO get through his deployment with plenty of pictures so I''m not sure it''d be anything new
3.gif
. When I think about it I''m sure he''d really appreciate an album of his baby... more so than cuff links, a watch, or anything else impersonal as a wedding gift. I''d want it done in more of a bridal - I''m yours - waiting for my wedding day - kind of way than sexy lingerie magazine way. Spending more money on something wedding related is the only thing that makes me hesitate.

And yea - if my kids stumbled upon it in 40 years they''d think it was gross but then I''d get to tease them about it. I''d tell them to stop driving their mother crazy otherwise she''d break out their dad''s favorite photo album! haha.
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am literally in the process of nailing down a boudoir photographer right now! I really want to give the images to FI as a wedding gift.

I actually dated a photographer back in the day and we did some boudoir type stuff. No full nudity, just tasteful artsy shots and I really treasure them. They are black and white and FI loves them. Its nice to have reminders of when you were young and hot.
3.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve though a lot about doing this as a gift to my husband on our wedding day. So much so, that I''ve even looked into local photographers. I''m not sure whether or not I''ll have the money...if I get the courage to do it, I''d like to use someone who''s really good...i.e. can make me feel and look relaxed and H-O-T!!! But, it all comes at a price! We''ll see. I think my SO would REALLY like it (AND, it''d shock the h*** out of him, which he''d think is even extra hot).
2.gif
My biggest concern is someone else seeing them...it is kinda risky and I don''t like that thought at all! I mean, what if, somehow my dad accidentally stumbled across them that day or something! Ah! Mortifying!!! I guess I''d have to right a huge note across the top of his gift to only open in private, and then stuff it into our safe! LOL

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting these done! They can be pricey, but as others have said, your body is in your best shape for your wedding, so why not???

I am going to do an album with the theme of the Seven Deadly Sins. I can''t wait! It''s going to be completely tasteful (think Veronica Lake) but sexy. No nudity whatsoever. But I''m going to pose in different outfits to symbolize each of the sins. The expensive part is getting the lingerie too. But it''s fun to find!

I''m a pretty modest person, so when I give these to him the day of the wedding as his gift, his mouth is going to DROP. He won''t believe it''s me. It''s so out of character!!!
31.gif

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm... I don''t know.

My photographer will be there all day, so I plan on getting some preparation shots of me while I''m having my make-up applied, etc., and yes I will be wearing lingerie at that point. Is this considered "boudoir"? If the shots come out nicely and are edited well, I''d have no problem putting these pictures in my wedding album for all to see, even if I am just wearing my underwear. However, I won''t be rolling around on a bed giving my sexy face.
3.gif

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I like the idea, if they are done tastefully. If I could get some vintage looking/burlesque type shots, I think it''d be a present my BF would really appreciate.
3.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to have some taken pre-children just because I will never have this body again (and B adores my body!)

I can''t decide if it will be my actual wedding gift, though - doesn''t anyone think it would be weird if guests/mother-in-law said, "oh so what did you get B for his wedding gift?" "Ummm yeah, naked pictures of myself..." That just seems awkward to me!

We have talked about it though and the agreement is that it will be a woman photographer. I would also like to do more classic shots - I love my back and legs and would love one of me in heels with cheekie panties on, up against a wall, in black and white.
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the idea! Wait, do I have to be engaged to do this? Can I do some naughty pics NOW!?!

Maybe THAT will get me a ring!
31.gif

Can''t hurt...
27.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do it Trill!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive been looking into doing this for a couple of years now.

I keep saying "After I lose 10 lbs!"

Those 10 lbs are still there.
20.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh shut up Elle. You''re a HAWTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:42:31 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh shut up Elle. You''re a HAWTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. You should see my gut right now. Well, no you shouldn''t.

But ya.. I look like I belong on "Belly Pic Friday" on the preggo thread.
20.gif

Not saying I''m fat, I just... really need to work on the buddha belly.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:37:33 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Do it Trill!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe... could be a perfect gift for our 6th anni, and that gives me 6mos to get in hottie form!

Valerie Bertinelli is my new INSPIRATION!!! If she can look like that at 45+, I can certainly get a hot bod at 26!
9.gif

ETA, that is a link, just a very enthusiastic one!
2.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I am so doing this. I LOVE artsy/sexy photos like this. You can't ever get them quite right when YOU are the camerawoman! Haha.

And Christi Austin is in my area! DC/VA.

I will probably be 23-24 when I get married too, perfect time to do shots like these.

EDIT: I have tried to get that link work like 7 times. I know I typed the HTML right! Oh well, maybe it's just my computer. If not, you guys know how to copy/paste
3.gif

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I am getting married in May, and I actually JUST got them taken yesterday! I didn't use the photographer I am using for our wedding, but it was somebody else I who does photography, and just started doing these photos. I got an awesome steal, and ended up paying $105 for a few prints and a 20 page album. She showed me a few pics as we were going along, and they were awesome!! I can't wait until I see the end results.

I thought I would be a little uncomfortable at first, but it was completly fine! After about 5 minutes it didn't seem akward at all to be walking around in my undies. I had about 5 different outfits and it took almost 2 hours. It was so much fun that I'm having a hard time keeping it from my fiancee, but I'll be waiting until the night before our wedding to give the album to him.

ETA- I was going to put it off longer so I would have more time to lose weight, but even being heavier, the pictures that I saw looked really great regardless.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
To answer the OP''s question. I think its pretty mainstream now. offbeat bride and altered bride have lots of images, and if you search this site, lots of us discuss what we did for them.
I had one shot done by a photog friend who was looking to boost her portfolio, but DH loves the speedo catalogue I was in as a teenager best. Funny thing how the men we love see us, I hated my boobless bod then. You know you find the right person when they love you for being out of the mold and just perfectly yourself.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:30:08 PM
Author: Clairitek
I am literally in the process of nailing down a boudoir photographer right now! I really want to give the images to FI as a wedding gift.

I actually dated a photographer back in the day and we did some boudoir type stuff. No full nudity, just tasteful artsy shots and I really treasure them. They are black and white and FI loves them. Its nice to have reminders of when you were young and hot.
3.gif

Claire-did you look into Melissa Robotti? She''s in the Boston area and is probably one of the more well known B photographers in the area...http://www.melissarobotti.com/blog/

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I dont like it. I''ll get the same effect of pictures of me in a bikini. I dont need some stranger taking pictures of me in my undies or LESS so that my kiddos can find them later.

I guess I am scarred for life though... my bro found mom and dad''s honeymoon "video" that my dad had hidden in w/ his box of other racey magazines. My bro thought he hit the jackpot and vomitted.
This is not a good idea ladies. It is very traumatic for the children!
32.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:59:28 AM
Author: tlh
I dont like it. I''ll get the same effect of pictures of me in a bikini. I dont need some stranger taking pictures of me in my undies or LESS so that my kiddos can find them later.

I guess I am scarred for life though... my bro found mom and dad''s honeymoon ''video'' that my dad had hidden in w/ his box of other racey magazines. My bro thought he hit the jackpot and vomitted.

32.gif

HAHAHAHA...that is all

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:59:28 AM
Author: tlh

I guess I am scarred for life though... my bro found mom and dad''s honeymoon ''video'' that my dad had hidden in w/ his box of other racey magazines. My bro thought he hit the jackpot and vomitted.

32.gif

23.gif
, your poor bro (gigglesnort)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results