shape
carat
color
clarity

Boudoir Photos Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I want to do it. But I know it will take me ages to find a photographer I'm comfortable with - I wouldn't even go topless on a private beach! I'm a freak in changing rooms. I have one of those towel-tents that I get changed underneath! And I HATE showering at the gym!!

ETA I will be covered and the book will have a lock on it!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:02:14 PM
Author: Porridge
I want to do it. But I know it will take me ages to find a photographer I''m comfortable with - I wouldn''t even go topless on a private beach! I''m a freak in changing rooms. I have one of those towel-tents that I get changed underneath! And I HATE showering at the gym!!

ETA I will be covered and the book will have a lock on it!!!
You should do it Porridge! I''m like that too, and I think this is something that can get me over my modesty. To this day I hate doing anything intimate with the lights on. I have a nice body, it''s just something I can''t get past.

So I think this will even be MORE of a shock to my FI. It''s my way of showing him that I completely trust him and I''m comfortable with him. AND that I trust him to hide it from our little minions in the future!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe. I asked B once if he''d be interested in them, and he was kind of ambivalent, especially because good photogs can be pricey. So, I think if I got them done, they''d be mostly for me (so I could look at them when I''m 65 and say "man, I looked good!"...I''m totally vain
2.gif
).

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
On Platinum Weddings last night, one of the brides did a book of boudoir photography for her husband. The cost was $14k!
6.gif

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:35:27 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
On Platinum Weddings last night, one of the brides did a book of boudoir photography for her husband. The cost was $14k!
6.gif

While I''m sure they could, and probably do, cost that much I seriously doubt the validity of some prices offered on that show. Most of them just seem outrageous and far fetched. I truly think they double, if not triple, the actually costs to make it look more like a "platinum wedding".

Okay, small threadjack over.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
14K for sexy pictures?

That's stupid. And anyone who pays for that is even more stupid.
20.gif

Yes, I said it.
3.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 2:33:18 PM
Author: B.H.S

Date: 3/30/2009 1:35:27 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
6.gif

While I''m sure they could, and probably do, cost that much I seriously doubt the validity of some prices offered on that show. Most of them just seem outrageous and far fetched. I truly think they double, if not triple, the actually costs to make it look more like a ''platinum wedding''.

Okay, small threadjack over.
As a wedding planner I can tell you, that believe it or not, some things really can be that expensive in this industry, and you just want to skake your head when you hear the cost. However, I can say for a known fact, that many of the items stated on that show are REALLY embellished. You are very correct.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:59:28 AM
Author: tlh
I dont like it. I''ll get the same effect of pictures of me in a bikini. I dont need some stranger taking pictures of me in my undies or LESS so that my kiddos can find them later.

I guess I am scarred for life though... my bro found mom and dad''s honeymoon ''video'' that my dad had hidden in w/ his box of other racey magazines. My bro thought he hit the jackpot and vomitted.

This is not a good idea ladies. It is very traumatic for the children!
32.gif

Easy solution. Don''t have kids!
9.gif

hehehe

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about this some leading up to the wedding and practically obsessed about getting them done for our first anniversary. Now I''m glad that I didn''t.

DH can see me looking good most days and I wouldn''t want photos where they could be found later by children or friends. It''s expensive for the the photos locked away in an album. I look better now than I did when I got married and my self-esteem is better, but in another 10 or 20 years will I want to look back and wish that I still looked that way? I think the photos might make me feel older than necessary and compare my body in my 40s or 50s with my body in my 20s. Or worse, encourage DH to make that comparison. I look good, I look sexy. I''d perfer if the photos we have of each other are of us having fun together - including in sexy black tie dresses, not sex pot photos that encourage comparisons on a state that neither of us can sustain.

AshleyS.McD

Rough_Rock
i love the idea and will definitely be doing this for his gift! i''m very into the whole, be comfortable with who you are, feel sexy in your skin thing. if i had the body, i''d love to be a sexy pin up. that''s just me. i admire women who have the courage to show their bodies, perfect or not! i''m a big fan of SG, but i would go much more classy boudoir for my set!
<3ash

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Ive never heard of this until now...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results