shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston trip

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha, i thought so, but it's okay. I'm there for the seafood and beers. Oh, and the history too! ;)) :cheeky:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Boston is a FUN town...you'll have fun no matter what!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh i KNOW i will! so excited, can't wait!

About the day trip, Provincetown or Salem? They both seem pretty cool, but i live near a beach w/ a port so p-town lost some appeal on that end. Salem's got some cool history!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. now that i'm looking into a Salem day trip, Rockport came into the picture. Can we do both in one day if we get an early start? Rockport looks beautiful!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I would do Salem...that is such an interesting and unique place. Lots of history, lots of things you can't do anywhere else!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Quick last min questions before I leave tomorrow...

I wear my flip flops everywhere.. not the cheapy kind.. but cute orthaheels lisas. ;-) Since we're doing a lot of walking, these are my most comfortable shoes. I hate when my feet get hot, and they always get so hot when i walk around in shoes. Will people look at me funny if I wear flip flops? Will restaurants (not fancy, obviously) refuse to serve me food? Will pubs not let me in during the day? (but i'm parched!)

Haha, it's probably ridiculous, but I notice people look at my shoes funny when i go to Canada in flip flops, and they always ask why i'm not wearing shoes.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I hope you have a great trip! I just moved to Boston 3 months ago and so far I LOVE it!

I wear flip flops everywhere, the plain cheap kind too haha. I have never been refused service at any bar, pub, restaurant or anything at any time of day!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That's great to know, thanks!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Forte, you should also know that it's expected to be unseasonably cool this weekend with highs only near low 60s and potential 40s at night, so you may want to bring an alternate pair of warmer shoes along with your flip-flops!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh i am, thanks!!! got my privos, boots, and flip flops. Also got a light scarf and thin gloves. My feet are usually pretty tolerant of cold tho, so i had to ask about the flip flops! :)

Would i need a wool coat? i have a cord jacket and i packed layers. I'm not very good at figuring out temperature at different places... the humidity screws w/me. When we went to europe last november, it said the temp was in 40s-50s. I ended up not wearing my coat at all because it just didn't feel cold!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Nah - no wool coat needed. A light fleece jacket would do, and if you're pressed for space, I'd just get one here.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I got a fleece jacket! and proud to say that everything fits in a carryon. (in a giant pile) :bigsmile: Now i gotta go fold everything up or else i'm going to look like a sharpei.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Have fun! It's a great time of year!

Colltee

Rough_Rock
ForteKitty|1310346828|2966165 said:
OOoooh! We're gonna take a day trip to Provincetown! Take the fast ferry, right?

I was there in May, I'll be honest I was really disappointed with it - thought is was seriously tacky (shops were all the same old tourist cr*p) and really there's nothing to do. We stayed for a night and after arriving around 12pm and wandering up and down the crazily packed main strip, after two hours found ourselves thinking "what the heck do we do now?!?" and we'd driven all the way up from Martha's Vineyard :roll: so we ended up just sitting in a bar all day, bored I think.

Just my tuppence worth. It may float your boat but I wouldn't hurry back to P-town super quickly myself... (and everyone too told us we'd 'love it')

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
We veto'd Provincetown because it's probably gonna be too cold. We're going to Salem instead. :)

Our plans-

Friday: land at 5:45am, drop off luggage, get breakfast, duck tour @ 10am, lunch at some chilean sandwich place whose name escapes me, harvard campus tour @ 2 (she's a professor and loves campus tours), beacon hill, back bay, early dinner @ Atlantic Fish Co.

Saturday: Freedom trail, pubs, museums, pubs, dinner @ North End

Sunday: Harpoon brewery tour ( i want my raspberry hef), lunch, free afternoon to do more touristy stuff.

Monday: Salem, Rockport

Tues: MIT tour, lunch @ Sam La Grassas, airport by 3:30pm.

I have a feeling i'll be going to work late on wednesday!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a solid agenda, Forte! And most importantly, you picked great places to eat :) Chacarero (the Chilean sandwich place) and Sam LaGrassa's are my two favorite lunch places. Luckily I work within 2 blocks of both!

Have a wonderful time!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you'll have a great time, FK. Check back and let us know what you thought of the city.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Sam Lagrassa's is amazing! I love that place!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy your trip!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I love boston! The wind is killing me tho, my inner ears are not happy. Aside from that, im a very happy camper. I had two lobster rolls, crab cakes, and clam chowder for lunch! And I know it's early, but we walked for 8 hrs today so im in bed right now. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results