shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston GTG?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Either date works for me! I can''t wait to see you lovely ladies!!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''m out of town both those weekends...tis wedding season still
emsad.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
October 4th works for me.

I have a wedding on the 20th that I sort of forgot about until the invitiation arrived (
6.gif
). Good thing it was FI''s family and not mine
2.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I have a conflict on the 4th if the weather is nice. If the weather is lousy I can do either day!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Allison D suggested brunch at the Omni Parker Hotel and then a visit to the jeweler's building, which I think sounds fantastic. We could also consider going for Dim Sum since China Town is close by. Do either of those options sound good?

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of brunch (nothing is better than a mimosa when you dont feel guilty about it being too early!
31.gif
)

I can do the 4th or 20th. And same old here with the exception of moving to a new building soon- I am so jealous of where you guys work! And yes, I am officially MA now (although it will feel more official when I can get rid of those darn boxes in my apt!)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brunch sounds good to me. I''m free either day.

Shall we say 11:00? I''ve never been to the Omni Parker house for brunch so I''m not sure if that time is okay.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Since my bud KeepingTheFaith is able to make it on the 4th, then so am I!

Allison - we can drive in together again, if you wish.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks as if I''ll just miss you. My daughter wants me to take her to see Boston, which she has visited quickly but never had time to "see" and we are going "up" from October 8 through 12. Tell me about this jeweler''s building!

Deb
34.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
**bump**

So what''s the verdict, ladies and gents? Will it be October the 4th? 11:00? Omni Parker House for brunch and then a day of manhandling all the preciousness in the Jewelry Buildings?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just signed up for kayaking lessons on the 20th, so I vote for the 4th
9.gif

Brunch (I'm open to anything) and a trip to the jewelers' building sounds perfect to me!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Let's then definitely say October 4.

On Saturdays, Omni Parker serves breakfast from 7 through 11:30, so I think we'd need to be 10 or 10:30 to brekky. I think we could swing 10:30 and still be fine; food is available right up to 11:30 and we could linger to chat (I confirmed with them that they don't clear the dining room).

The jewelry buildings are typically open for 10a.m. and many begin to close at 4, so I think a late breakfast would work better than an early lunch if we all want to do a little 'field trip'.
11.gif

So, let's plan on 10/4 at 10:30 am...........does that work for everyone?

ETA: Tberube, would love to carpool again - woo-hoo!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kate or anyone else in the RI area, let me know if you''re up for carpooling!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oct. 4th works for me! I''ll probably drive to Alewife and take the T in, or I''ll see how the bus schedules run from Manchester or Nashua. I''m not brave enough to drive in -- that''s my husband''s area of expertise.
9.gif
There''s a chance that I might not to be able to go to the jeweler''s building, but I''ll definitely be there for brunch. We have tentative plans for later that afternoon/evening, so I''ll need to keep an eye on the clock.

I''ll see you at 10:30. So far it looks like it will be the following people going (I think I got everyone):

Zoe
Allison
KeepingTheFaith
Tberube
Hudson Hawk
Shigidigi
NewEnglandLady

Possibly Mercoledi, Swimmer, Nytemist, and KtIceRN

I''m looking forward to seeing everyone again, and Shigidigi, it will be great to meet you!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh! So exciting! I''m in.
Zoe, I''ll be coming in on the Red line so will keep an eye out for you
1.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I am so sorry guys. I have been out of the PS loop for about a month. Things have been busy around my life and I just haven''t had a chance to check in.
BUT........ I am SO going to be at this GTG! I wouldn''t miss it for the world!

HH, I would gladly carpool with you again if you would like to.

See you all very soon. I''ve got a few new goodies I need to post that I will bring with me as well.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! Me too!

Are we meeting in the lobby? I''ve never been in the Omni. I''ve dropped my mom off there a bunch of times, but have never been in.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Shoot, am I the only delinquent? I have a work thing that day, but only if the weather holds, so pray for rail ladies, and I''ll see you there!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 10:41:03 AM
Author: Allison D.
Let''s then definitely say October 4.

On Saturdays, Omni Parker serves breakfast from 7 through 11:30, so I think we''d need to be 10 or 10:30 to brekky. I think we could swing 10:30 and still be fine; food is available right up to 11:30 and we could linger to chat (I confirmed with them that they don''t clear the dining room).

The jewelry buildings are typically open for 10a.m. and many begin to close at 4, so I think a late breakfast would work better than an early lunch if we all want to do a little ''field trip''.
11.gif

So, let''s plan on 10/4 at 10:30 am...........does that work for everyone?

ETA: Tberube, would love to carpool again - woo-hoo!

All of that works for me!! Allison, we''ll work out a time to meet up to come in together. I can even drive this time, if you''ll let me!!
3.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 1:38:25 PM
Author: tberube

All of that works for me!! Allison, we''ll work out a time to meet up to come in together. I can even drive this time, if you''ll let me!!
3.gif

I''d love to have you chauffer.....LOL.
1.gif

We''ll work the time out.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so-

I may not be able to go. The story: husband''s sister had her baby Aug. 2nd. (she lives in FL) We got the christening invite a couple of weeks ago. Since one of his cats has diabetes and needs insulin shots twice a day, we can''t travel. If I go anywhere (NYC, Montreal) I go by myself, since husband is totally unwiling to hire a petsitter or even ask his other sister for help; he wants no one else near his cats.

He calls me last night and tells me that he has found good prices for plane tickets to FL and now would like to go to the christening AND he would like for me to go, his sister would love to see me. And it''s Oct. 4th.

Very aggravating to me since he decided this kind of last minute. When I talked to him his Tuesday and he made no mention of wanting to go, since usually he feels he can''t leave his cats for anything.

So ladies, I would like to go to brunch, for right now please still include me. I''m not sure if this will happen, but I will let you know as soon as possible. I know this will be a pain if resevations have to be made.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2008 8:46:48 AM
Author: nytemist
Ok, so-

I may not be able to go. The story: husband's sister had her baby Aug. 2nd. (she lives in FL) We got the christening invite a couple of weeks ago. Since one of his cats has diabetes and needs insulin shots twice a day, we can't travel. If I go anywhere (NYC, Montreal) I go by myself, since husband is totally unwiling to hire a petsitter or even ask his other sister for help; he wants no one else near his cats.

He calls me last night and tells me that he has found good prices for plane tickets to FL and now would like to go to the christening AND he would like for me to go, his sister would love to see me. And it's Oct. 4th.

Very aggravating to me since he decided this kind of last minute. When I talked to him his Tuesday and he made no mention of wanting to go, since usually he feels he can't leave his cats for anything.

So ladies, I would like to go to brunch, for right now please still include me. I'm not sure if this will happen, but I will let you know as soon as possible. I know this will be a pain if resevations have to be made.
K....

No worries. The OPH is pretty laid back and won't have a problem going from 10 to 9 if you aren't able to make it, so take whatever time you need. No pain at all.

At the risk of asking a stupid question......if you both go, what happens with the kitty shots?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Because this event is important enough to him to actually start looking into pet services. I mean, on one hand I''m glad that he is showing some emotion and wanting to go see his new nephew. But the other hand the two of us going anywhere else isn''t possible.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Obviously I am way late on checking this thread (moving really screws my ability to be consistent!
23.gif
), but I just had to say I am SO EXCITED to meet you guys!

And hey Mercoledi- at the rate the entire month of Sept was, it will probably rain again this coming saturday!

Whoo hoo for food and bling all in one day! It''s like heaven!

See you guys there!
35.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so as of right now, I have 9 definites and 1 maybe......

Definites:

Allison
Hudson Hawk
KtIce
tberube
Keepingthefaith
NewEnglandLady
Shigidigi
ZoeBartlett
Swimmer

Maybe:
nytemist

Is that all of us, ladies? Anyone else in?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in! We aren''t going to Florida. He really doesn''t want anyone to take care of the cats. So now I can go on with my original Saturday plans... brunch with you guys ( can''t wait!) and a birthday get-together for a friend of mine during the evening.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be there too!

See you ladies Saturday

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Have a wonderful time, ladies! Wish I could be there. Don''t forget another "head shot" like we did last year!
21.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m looking forward to it too! I''m still not sure whether I''ll be able to go to the jeweler''s building after brunch -- it just depends on what time we head out of the OPH.

Swimmer, I''ll be looking for you on the red line!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results