shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston area PSers...GTG?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
13th is great for me. I''m booked on the 27th.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I am up for something sooner as well because May is going to be jammed for me. I am due to start writing my dissertation at that time and I may very well be starting to work in June.

March would be grand. The last two weekends are best for me. The first one is iffy (because I will be home the weekend before for my Papa''s 100th birthday party... two trips up in a row is tough) and the second one is booked.

As for activities, I would love to throw the suggestion of going to a place that specializes in antique jewelry in the pot. I love looking at that stuff. They might even have a nice sapphire band for Swimmer!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The 13th works for me too.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
The 13th works for me! Once everybody chimes in and we settle on a date, maybe we can start discussing meeting options in the more private beta system.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 2:00:00 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
The 13th works for me! Once everybody chimes in and we settle on a date, maybe we can start discussing meeting options in the more private beta system.

NEL, what is that anyway? The Beta system. And how do we use it?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I have no clue at all, but I''m definitely curious! Ella mentioned it on Page 1 and I''ve been interested to see what it is ever since!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi ladies! We are very excited to help you and have you help us by testing our new system too!

NEL, or someone else who is organizing, please make a list of the people that want to come to the GTG and I will send emails with further directions.

I can always add more people in later too.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, I am booked on the weekend of the 13th.

ETA: But the 20th would work great.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I''m good for the 13th, too, but could probably also do the 20th. The 27th isn''t optimal for me, but I may be able to shift a few things around if that''s what it comes to.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can do the 20th, the 27th is an absolute no-go for me as it''s DH''s 35th birthday and we''re going to Old Sturbridge Village for the day to make dinner in the traditional 18th century manner! More info than you cared to know, I''m sure...lol...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
The 20th works for me as well!

HH, I surprised D with a weekend to Old Sturbridge Village a few months ago and wanted to do the traditional 18th century dinner very badly, but they were completely booked the weekend we were going! I really want to hear how it goes!

BTW, you aren''t staying at The Inn at Restful Paws, are you?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 4:50:24 PM

HH, I surprised D with a weekend to Old Sturbridge Village a few months ago and wanted to do the traditional 18th century dinner very badly, but they were completely booked the weekend we were going! I really want to hear how it goes!

You should see if there''s still space on the 27th! It''d be so much fun to have you guys there.

Where''s the Inn at Restful Paws? We''re not staying there, we''re close enough to drive there and back in one day.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 4:57:47 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

You should see if there''s still space on the 27th! It''d be so much fun to have you guys there.

Where''s the Inn at Restful Paws? We''re not staying there, we''re close enough to drive there and back in one day.
I might bring this up to D, though you guys should celebrate his 35th together in peace! :)

The Inn at Restful Paws is in Holland, which is very close to Sturbridge. I definitely DO NOT recommend it, though. As you know, I have a love for pet-friendly B&Bs, but this one is run by insane people. I once saw it referred to as the Inn at Stressful Paws and thought it was a good description! I just wanted to make sure you guys weren''t wasting your money--I think driving out and back is perfect.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 5:01:43 PM
Date: 2/2/2010 4:57:47 PM

I might bring this up to D, though you guys should celebrate his 35th together in peace! :)

The Inn at Restful Paws is in Holland, which is very close to Sturbridge. I definitely DO NOT recommend it, though. As you know, I have a love for pet-friendly B&Bs, but this one is run by insane people. I once saw it referred to as the Inn at Stressful Paws and thought it was a good description! I just wanted to make sure you guys weren''t wasting your money--I think driving out and back is perfect.

NEL, we''re going with another couple already so really it''s no trouble if you guys decide to go.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gang - I am confused - were we going with March 13 or the 20th?

The 13th is a little tough but I might be able to make it work - the 20th looks completely free...

I''d also like to be part of the beta test thingamagig - otherwise NEL and the rube can (possibly) keep me in the loop (she demands) as I am bad at checking threads!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
So it looks like the 20th of March is the best date?

I''m at MIT till noon, but can go wherever from there.

Ahem, Kismet, where to go for vintage? You have my attention!
I''ve been eyeballing a sapph eternity band at Marlene Harris, but am very interested in looking at vintage. Sigh, I peruse online, but never actually try any on!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 10:10:17 AM
Author: swimmer

I''ve been eyeballing a sapph eternity band at Marlene Harris, but am very interested in looking at vintage. Sigh, I peruse online, but never actually try any on!

Hrm, vintage? Last time we went to a few antique stores. The one by the jeweler''s building was kind of meh. The one on Tremont street was better. I''ve heard good things about Small Pleasures (Newbury street and State Street) but I actually haven''t been in person.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I can do the 20th. Shall I put it in my calendar??
19.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 11:16:29 AM
Author: Kismet
Date: 2/3/2010 10:10:17 AM

Author: swimmer

Hrm, vintage? Last time we went to a few antique stores. The one by the jeweler''s building was kind of meh. The one on Tremont street was better. I''ve heard good things about Small Pleasures (Newbury street and State Street) but I actually haven''t been in person.

Interesting! Sorry, I was skimming! it was C-tek who suggested estate jewelry, she knows about my habit...

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies,

I don''t know yet if I''ll be able to make the GTG but you should *definitely* check out Small Pleasures on Newbury Street. Just got a lovely antique garnet necklace from them (see Timeless Classics thread) AND you could also do some R&D for Tacori (see her thread in TC). They''ve got tons and tons of stuff - you could spend hours in there. But it''s small, so you might have to browse in shifts!

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
hi all
i might be interested in the gem show.
is there a website about it?

are there any males in the list of potential attendees?

Date: 1/31/2010 10:35:39 AM
Author: rockzilla
Okay, sounds like the May gem show is a popular idea...I will give a few more days for folks to comment/suggest alternates, and then we''ll have the PS moderators shift us over to the more secure site.

So, if you have any interest at all, Reply so we have you on our private VIP list =)

List to date:

Rockzilla

NewEnglandLady

Hudson_Hawk

Arcadian

Allison D.

Crasru

Amethyste

Kismet

Blinkydoll

PinkAsscher678

the rube

KtIceRN

Claritek

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
nevermind
found it!

http://www.intergem.com/

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif
DH reminded me last night that I''m hosting a baby shower on the 20th in CT
38.gif
I don''t want to inconvenience anyone because it seems like the 20th works for most people, so I guess I''m sitting this one out.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 7:32:35 AM
39.gif
DH reminded me last night that I''m hosting a baby shower on the 20th in CT
38.gif
I don''t want to inconvenience anyone because it seems like the 20th works for most people, so I guess I''m sitting this one out.

Bummer, Hudson!!
8.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
13th works for me as well. Maybe even better.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So are we going with the 13th or the 20th?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Bump to check on the status of this.

I just found out I might have an event on the 19th, thus making it tough for me to make the trip up from Philadelpha (my parents are in RI). Just curious where everyone else stands on the GTG.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Awww life got in the way and now neither the 13th or the 20th will work.

I had been trying to keep the 20th open BUT two of my friends announced they are moving to North Carolina at the end of the month (their house sold much sooner than we had anticipated) and the 20th is the last Saturday they will be around so we are throwing them a surprise party.

Hopefully we can have another day during the summer or the gem show in May and I can see everyone!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not going to be able to make either the 13th or 20th
7.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I can still tentatively do either. We are battling some doggy issues right now, so our past several Saturdays have been spent with various vets. I will come either day if I can!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results