shape
carat
color
clarity

Boston area PSers...GTG?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever planned a GTG for the Boston area PSers? I''m sure there are a bunch of us, but not really sure who''s in the area. Having met a bunch of sweet people at the LA and Bay Area GTGs, I''d love to set one up now that I''m in Boston.

Respond and let us know:

A) Where you are (generally)
B) If you''d like to join in a GTG

There is a gem show coming up in a couple of months...Its may 7-9 at the Royal Plaza trade center. Also, let me know if you have other suggestions =)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'd say that Boston-area PSers meet up a few times a year for lunch and then a little perusing through local jewelry shops. I think our last get-together was in mid-October, so I think we are due :)

I think several PSers went to last year's gem show (I had to duck out at the last minute because of a Mother's Day conflict) so maybe a few will pop in and give their opinion on the show. I'd be up for anything!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi!
We have a decent sized group of PS''ers in the Boston area and there have been several GTGs in the past (always open to any area PS member who wants to come). I went to the gem show last year and had a great time. We picnic''d on the lawn (I still dream about Alj''s pasta salad!) and perused the goods inside. Other GTGs have involved the diamond building and lunch.

A) Where you are (generally) Southeast MA (30 minutes or so from Boston)
B) If you''d like to join in a GTG (always!)

I definitely think we''re due for another GTG!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a consideration. I''m due to be on an assignment in Pennsylvania March and April. Could run into May but you never know.

Since it falls on a weekend it could be doable
36.gif
I''d have to let you know closer to the date.

-A

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
As the gals mentioned, we generally have a pretty active group here in the Boston area meeting at least a few times a year. The last one was for October; we had a fall picnic on the Common.

Many of us hit the May show last year at the trade plaza, and i expect several of us will go again this year.

I hope everyone can make it before then, though, so I''m open.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lived in Boston for 11 years. I am just looking for a good pretext to come to Boston. Please keep me informed about PS-ers GT. I can take a JetBlue at any moment!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I am 1 hour from Boston. i''d like to join for a GTG :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit NW of Boston (inside 128). I''m usually game for a GTG, especially with new people and new stuff to ogle.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that when this GTG is at the stage where it has a list of potential participants but not a time or location yet would the organizer kindly use the REPORT CONCERN button and let me know? I will try and keep an eye on this thread as well.

We have a great new "beta" system that will allow you to keep it a bit more private and we'd love to help you do that and for you to help us test it!

In order for me to do that however I would need a list of who is coming. Of course I can always add people in later as well.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. It is also totally fine to still discuss the GTG's on the forum, we'd just like to help keep the actual details of the location and time private for you.

Best,

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
May sounds good--- the gem show is happening again in may I believe--
yay!
I''m local
1.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in Boston and always up for looking at sparkly gems
31.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t make it to the last one >doh<....but I''m in for the next one!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Ella-

We will definitely let you know when we are closing in on a good list of participants, and before anything is set for sure! Hopefully in the next couple of days...

So far it sounds like May is a good time for people?

I live in Cambridge so anything in the Boston area is good for me!

RZ

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I''m all for going to the gem show in May!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Keep me posted too. I live in PA but I go home to RI regularly. I would put it on my calendar if I am not otherwise occupied that weekend.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May is good

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, sounds like the May gem show is a popular idea...I will give a few more days for folks to comment/suggest alternates, and then we''ll have the PS moderators shift us over to the more secure site.

So, if you have any interest at all, Reply so we have you on our private VIP list =)

List to date:

Rockzilla
NewEnglandLady
Hudson_Hawk
Arcadian
Allison D.
Crasru
Amethyste
Kismet
Blinkydoll
PinkAsscher678
the rube
KtIceRN
Claritek

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Keep me in the loop, I missed the last one, but had a blast at that cold one...so much bling!

But May probably won''t work for me, due date is May 5th! But if anyone has thoughts on procuring a blue sapphire band...or any number of other fun thing, I''d love to meet up before then.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
We''re just north of boston but both of us work in Cambridge. I''d be willing to meet up as it sounds like fun...

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 10:17:03 PM
Author: Clairitek
Keep me posted too. I live in PA but I go home to RI regularly. I would put it on my calendar if I am not otherwise occupied that weekend.
OOOOOOOOOOO - Clairi, we might finally get to meet you!! YAY!
36.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2010 8:40:58 PM
Author: swimmer
Hi! Keep me in the loop, I missed the last one, but had a blast at that cold one...so much bling!

But May probably won''t work for me, due date is May 5th! But if anyone has thoughts on procuring a blue sapphire band...or any number of other fun thing, I''d love to meet up before then.
Awwwwwww, c''mon Swimmer! LOL The PS team can help you pick a push present! LOL

I''m game if you want to meet up sooner - let me know what works for you - you know how to get in touch with me.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also love to do something sooner than May, it just seems soooo far away and I want to see you all NOW! **stomps foot**

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m up for meeting sooner than May and helping Swimmer get a sapphire ring. Spending other people''s money is always fun.
1.gif
And if we have lunch somewhere, we''ll just have to make sure it has better lighting and better paper than napkins on which to draw jewelry designs.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
i am up to meet anytime... Except that I often work on Saturdays... I would need to know ahead of time so I can
arrange my schedule :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2010 10:37:21 AM
Author: Kismet
I''m up for meeting sooner than May and helping Swimmer get a sapphire ring. Spending other people''s money is always fun.
1.gif
And if we have lunch somewhere, we''ll just have to make sure it has better lighting and better paper than napkins on which to draw jewelry designs.

LOL I agree! No Fajitas and Ritas this time!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
How about March?
25.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
works for me

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
March sounds great to me! Especially earlier in March! I would still llove to go to the gem show, though, if other PSers are going!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My weekends in March are currently all free. And I''m up for the gem show in May as well.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I'm free most weekends in March so far, as well. Let's pin down a date, shall we? NEL says early March...how's the 13th???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results