shape
carat
color
clarity

BOSTON AREA APPRAISAL - QUALITY & PRICE -$35!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
DePrisco Jewelers in the Jewelers Building has a separate appraisal office... I believe it is called Boston Appraisal Buero which David W. Davis runs. He is a GIA GG of many years and so are his EES.Each appraisal is only $35 which is a great price. It is done right in front of you in 15-30 minutes. You can have David do your appraisal, too. Just call ahead: 617.227.3339. All of the other people ther are well certified too. They are not directly in the store, there are right accross the evevator on the 4rth floor. The day I went, David was working in Wellesley , where he has to charge $100 dollars for an appraisal.. he suggested I go to Boston. I dealt with Aaron who is Awesome, very laid back and does not... I repeat does not try to sell you something else. He gives you an honest an accurate opinion, and will send a written apprasial for insurance purposes. Also, if you don''t want the written appraisal, they are glad to look at it for you for free and tell you what they think! DONT PAY $100 -$150. It is not worth it unless you have money to burn...

J.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I just realized this sounds like an ad... its not.. just so you know. I did really like this place..hopefully this can save some people some dough!

appl.gif
appl.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI I think this is helpful...I am looking at diamonds in Boston...and found this helpful...

Unfortunately I am looking at cushions which are a) hard to find and b) somewhat hard to grade...

I just saw a really nice one...but I need to look more

Any thoughts ??

di

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
DONT PAY $100 -$150. It is not worth it unless you have money to
burn...
-----------

It all depends on the level of the report. There are plenty of appraisers who will give you a typewritten paragraph for $35. There are quite a few less who will supply you with digital color photos, more comprehensive info than a GIA report and an optical analysis as well. These things all take time, and are hardly done competently in 15-30 minutes.

In Sarasota, there are many people who call that don't want to pay my fee, which usually ranges from $90 to $125. I refer them to another good gemologist in town who does a much more abbreviated report for $35 to $50. But there's enough people left who prefer a much more comprehensive report to keep me busy 10 hours a day, six days a week.

I am continually amazed that people will spend $10,000 to $20,000 dollars on a diamond, and not take the trouble to have it adequately analyzed because they would rather spend $35 than $90-$125 on an appraisal. They often get a piece of paper that gives them no real idea of what they own, or confidence that they are making a smart purchase.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Good point...you get what you pay for...I don't know detailed the report mentioned is...but is a good thing to know for comparison

di

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results