shape
carat
color
clarity

Booked our Honeymoon! Whoohoo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
We just booked our honeymoon! We are going to the Amalfi Coast in Italy. We are going to Rome, Sorrento, Positano and Capri!!!!!! I am so excited I just had to share!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds brilliant!! We booked ours last week-cannot wait to go!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!
36.gif
Sounds wonderful, I bet it is going to be AMAZING!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
9.gif
The Almalfi Coast is one of my DREAM vacation sites. It looks so incredibly gorgeous there. How many days are you going for?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That sounds amazing - I totally want to go there!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 4:06:25 PM
Author: bee*
Wohoo! Where are you going bee?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 4:40:25 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
6.gif
9.gif
The Almalfi Coast is one of my DREAM vacation sites. It looks so incredibly gorgeous there. How many days are you going for?
Hi Dreamgirl! So glad you posted! I was afraid you hated me from your last thread you posted
7.gif

We are going for 14 days. We are spending 3 nights in Rome, 2 in Sorrento, 6 in Positano and 3 in Capri. We are going to use Sorrento and Positano as our homebase to explore the cost like Pompeii, Ravello, Amalfi etc.... I can''t wait! I have always wanted to go !!! We also got a great deal on our flight.... Air Canada was having a seat sale and we paid close to 60% less than what in normally costs to get there!

We are just in the process of finalizing out hotels but I know we are staying at this one in Positano: http://www.covodeisaraceni.it/

I can''t wait!!!! hehehe. If anyone has any tips re. places to see in the Amalfi please share!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sounds fabulous!!!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah, yipee, whoo hoo
36.gif
What exciting news, ILTW! Do you and FI need a porter by any chance
2.gif

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Sounds AMAZING! I am a little partial because FI and I are planning similar stops! Maybe we should compare notes as we research!

One great place we found that I thought I would pass on to you is on the Island of Ischia, its right near Capri... known for its thermes!A day of indulgence, and should be less crowded than Capri.
This one is the best, I hear!

HOORAY for Honeymoon Adventures! Congratulations on booking your trip!

Here's the info:

http://www.giardiniposeidon.it/uk/indicazioni_terapeutiche.htm

Fodor's Review:

The largest spa on the island, with the added boon of a natural sauna hollowed out of the rocks, is the Giardini Poseidon Terme. Here you can sit like a Roman senator on two stone chairs recessed in the rock and let the hot water cascade over you. With countless thermally regulated pools, promenades, and steam pools, plus lots of toga-clad kitschy statues of the Caesars, Poseidon
* Cost: EUR 28 all day, EUR 21 after 1 PM; add EUR 2 to prices in Aug., EUR 5 for visitors (no bathing) between 6 PM and 7 PM
* Open: Apr.–Oct., daily 9–7

dshajC HR.jpg

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Wanted to add that it is much less crowded during the week, so if you want a little privacy, thats a good time to go. Weekends, I hear, are quite crowded.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmm I loved the Almalfi Coast when I was there. I got a nasty sunburn on the ferry ride from Capri though! Your trip sounds FANTASTIC!!!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! That is very exciting!!! What a great destination to choose, I too am SOOOO jealous!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 6:17:03 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite

We''re going to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand!! So exciting
36.gif
36.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 1:14:56 PM

36.gif
36.gif
Wow... sounds like heaven - we would have LOVED to go there but it''s way too far from Canada for 2 weeks. You are so lucky living in Austalia! You are so close to all of Europe and Asia! And Australia is such a gorgeous place to live! People always say Australia is like the warm Canada (as in the mentality of the people/culture are very similar! hehehe).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 1:40:39 PM

36.gif
36.gif

Wow... sounds like heaven - we would have LOVED to go there but it''s way too far from Canada for 2 weeks. You are so lucky living in Austalia! You are so close to all of Europe and Asia! And Australia is such a gorgeous place to live! People always say Australia is like the warm Canada (as in the mentality of the people/culture are very similar! hehehe).

hehe think you got me mixed up with Deelight-I''m in Ireland so 24 hours away from Oz!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been told that''s the absolute best place to go in all of Italy. I''m so jealous!!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 11:19:55 PM
Author: glueck
Sounds AMAZING! I am a little partial because FI and I are planning similar stops! Maybe we should compare notes as we research!

One great place we found that I thought I would pass on to you is on the Island of Ischia, its right near Capri... known for its thermes!A day of indulgence, and should be less crowded than Capri.

This one is the best, I hear!

HOORAY for Honeymoon Adventures! Congratulations on booking your trip!

Here''s the info:

http://www.giardiniposeidon.it/uk/indicazioni_terapeutiche.htm

Fodor''s Review:

The largest spa on the island, with the added boon of a natural sauna hollowed out of the rocks, is the Giardini Poseidon Terme. Here you can sit like a Roman senator on two stone chairs recessed in the rock and let the hot water cascade over you. With countless thermally regulated pools, promenades, and steam pools, plus lots of toga-clad kitschy statues of the Caesars, Poseidon

* Cost: EUR 28 all day, EUR 21 after 1 PM; add EUR 2 to prices in Aug., EUR 5 for visitors (no bathing) between 6 PM and 7 PM

* Open: Apr.–Oct., daily 9–7

My best friend''s sister got married on Ischia, and she divides her time between Naples and Ischia with her husband (my best friend and her sister are from Italy). I''ve always wanted to go, because I hear it''s amazing! They have a wine festival every year and all the restaurants put tables out on the avenues and bands play all night long. You''re going to have a great time!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 1:52:06 PM

36.gif
36.gif

hehe think you got me mixed up with Deelight-I''m in Ireland so 24 hours away from Oz!

ahahah ooops! for some reason i thought you were from down under!!! well ireland is still gorgeous! lucky girl!!! now it all makes sense! the castle and everything!!! heehehhe.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock

We're going to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand!! So exciting
36.gif
36.gif

I'm sorry to threadjack ilove, but quick question for you bee. We are also stopping in Singapore for a few nights at the end of our honeymoon (we're mostly doing Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos). Have you booked a hotel in Singapore yet? We're just starting to look for hotels and could use any suggestions. We may just do a "name your own price" through priceline and see what we get, but if you found any good deals I'd love to know. Thanks!

And ilove, if you haven't booked a hotel in Rome yet, I enjoyed Hotel Quirinale when I was there a few years ago (http://www.hotelquirinalerome.com). Your whole trip sounds fabulous (and more affordable now that the Euro has fallen against the dollar!) Have fun!

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! Your honeymoon will be fantastic- the Amalfi coast is one of my favorite places in the whole world. It is just amazingly beautiful
30.gif

eta: you are staying in the same hotel in Positano that I stayed in. You will not be disappointed, it is still to this day the nicest hotel that I have ever been to. We had the room with the large private terrace, which really added to the trip. I even slept outside under the stars on our terrace the one night because I just couldn't get over how beautiful and peaceful it was out there!

I would definitely recommend going to Pompei, but make sure you leave enough time to see the entire area. Our driver told us that 2 hours was more than enough time to see everything, but we found ourselves really rushing and I feel as though we missed out on a lot there.

Also, Capri was fun but not my favorite part of the trip. I found that it was just a lot of shopping that could be done elsewhere; however, there are beautiful gardens on the island that are worth looking at.

I'm so excited for you!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 4:52:11 PM
Date: 1/31/2009 1:52:06 PM

36.gif
36.gif

ahahah ooops! for some reason i thought you were from down under!!! well ireland is still gorgeous! lucky girl!!! now it all makes sense! the castle and everything!!! heehehhe.

Nope unfortunately I''m in the country that never seems to get nice weather like Australia!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 5:09:40 PM
Author: havernell

36.gif
36.gif

I''m sorry to threadjack ilove, but quick question for you bee. We are also stopping in Singapore for a few nights at the end of our honeymoon (we''re mostly doing Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos). Have you booked a hotel in Singapore yet? We''re just starting to look for hotels and could use any suggestions. We may just do a ''name your own price'' through priceline and see what we get, but if you found any good deals I''d love to know. Thanks!

Hi Havernall! I''m not sure what your budget is but if you can afford to splash out definitely stay here in one of their club rooms-
Mandarin Oriental. D and I stayed here on our way back from Australia last year and it was amazing. They check you in either in the club lounge or in your huge room and you can sip your Moet while you''re giving them your details. The food in the club lounge was amazing as was the copious amounts of Moet brought over to you, the staff were brilliant, location fab, Molton Brown products in your room were restocked at least four times while we were there and that was only for one night, they even folded all of our clothes for us. When we got home I put up a post about them on tripadvisor and the manager emailed me to say thank you so much. When we booked with them for our honeymoon, they said that they are sending a complimentary mercedes to collect us. I love that hotel!! Sorry to rave about it so much
9.gif
We also stayed at the Novotel on Clarkes quay and that was fab too-you should see the breakfast buffet-wow! It''s absolutely huge-they serve anything that you could ask for and the location is amazing with all the bars and restaurants about two minutes walk away.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!! That sounds absolutely fanstastic, girl! You''ll LOVE it! We were debating between Amalfi and Tahiti, but the latter won...hehe. You''ll have to come back and tell me all about it!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your trip is going to be spectacular! You''re right to spend 6 days in Positano, it''s an amazing town, with lovely people and amazing food!

Make sure you go to Chez Black''s and have the seafood risotto! It''s just to die for!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
<-------This person is very jealous.

I expect loads of pictures!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:17:44 PM

Hi Havernall! I''m not sure what your budget is but if you can afford to splash out definitely stay here in one of their club rooms-

Mandarin Oriental. D and I stayed here on our way back from Australia last year and it was amazing. They check you in either in the club lounge or in your huge room and you can sip your Moet while you''re giving them your details. The food in the club lounge was amazing as was the copious amounts of Moet brought over to you, the staff were brilliant, location fab, Molton Brown products in your room were restocked at least four times while we were there and that was only for one night, they even folded all of our clothes for us. When we got home I put up a post about them on tripadvisor and the manager emailed me to say thank you so much. When we booked with them for our honeymoon, they said that they are sending a complimentary mercedes to collect us. I love that hotel!! Sorry to rave about it so much
9.gif
We also stayed at the Novotel on Clarkes quay and that was fab too-you should see the breakfast buffet-wow! It''s absolutely huge-they serve anything that you could ask for and the location is amazing with all the bars and restaurants about two minutes walk away.

Thanks for all of the info on Singapore, bee! We''ll definitely check out both hotels you mentioned. Our budget for our Singapore hotel kind of depends on how much we have left after we book all of our other hotels Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. We can probably get a Singapore 4 or 5 star on Priceline for $150 or so, but if we have money still in the budget we may splurge in Singapore. Anyway, have fun on your honeymoon!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Wow that sounds absolutely wonderful!

36.gif

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
I know you''ll have a blast! My parents own a villa there and it was, and still is, one of my all-time favourite locations to spend my summers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results