shape
carat
color
clarity

Bold flashes vs lower and upper girdle facets

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Something else to take into account is a mismatch between the table size, c/p angles and the lowers.
For example a 60/60 style stone of 60/34/40.8 with 75% lowers.
The angles combined with table want to do one thing and the mains another. It does not bring the best out of the 60/60 combo nor the 75% lowers.
6060.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask yourself while looking at your sparkling diamond. The bigger the surface area of a facet, the bolder and more far reaching the light flash. Which facets do you notice the most? What constitutes the chunkiest of the facets on a diamond? Chunky facets also come at the expense of reduced overall scintillation.
Smaller beams of light return are often brighter than larger ones and will reach further.
Medium size are probably the all around champs.
It all depends on the lighting.

Reduced scintillation and more darkness when obstructed.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ask yourself while looking at your sparkling diamond. The bigger the surface area of a facet, the bolder and more far reaching the light flash. Which facets do you notice the most? What constitutes the chunkiest of the facets on a diamond? Chunky facets also come at an the expense of reduced overall scintillation.

You could argue longer LGF make for chunkier flashes with larger half pavilion mains in certain lighting environments. There was a nice video from GoG that demonstrated this

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Smaller beams of light return are often brighter than larger ones and will reach further.
Medium size are probably the all around champs.
It all depends on the lighting.

Reduced scintillation and more darkness when obstructed.

Yes, it all depends on the lighting.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
You could argue longer LGF make for chunkier flashes with larger half pavilion mains in certain lighting environments. There was a nice video from GoG that demonstrated this

Yes, I've posted that video in the beginning of the tread. People should definitely checkout the side by side comparisons.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-si1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-4836755

This is an example of unsightly chunky arrows in my opinion.

This is a nice crisp, not overly obstructed under the table LGF79
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-e-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-4455431

That's why I love my 80 stones - they're nice and bright and I notice tons of sparkles and scintillation. with virtually no obstruction issues. However, they don't have the big bold noticeable chunky flashes of OECs that look awesome in dimmer environments or under certain lighting. It's all trade-offs.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's all trade-offs.
Yep everything is a trade off there are no free lunches.

Fic type stones are another area where you can get mismatches, where the lowers dont match what the rest of the combination is doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results