shape
carat
color
clarity

Bob Kast Gems?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

So I'm going to get brave and source my own stone then get a setting. It's a RHR project and I've started looking around. I like BB's work, but I am always too slow on the draw when he drops and I need to keep my spending to a minimum.

Can anyone share experiences with Bob Kast stones? I'm looking at some of his on DB and want to buy a pink tourm from him, but am gun shy since I'm a newbie to the process. :oops:

Thanks!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I only have two small stones from him, but I would not hesitate to recommend him. His pictures are (from my experience and others) very representative, to the point of bad pictures on his part, so you only get a nice surprise from him ;-) plus he is an excellent cutter.
His assistant Rebecca is very nice and helpful, and his prices are wonderful. I think you should go for it :naughty:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input! I sent him an email to see if he has anymore stones in a particular color (the one I liked was sold, and too small). I've already perused for settings but I think that part is going to be far more difficult! :errrr:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I am VERY happy with my Bob Kast gemstones !!!!
Be sure to communicate with Rebecca, she is WONDERFUL and
very organized !!!!! I love the color, cutting and cost of the pretty
gemstones I have purchased from Bob !!!! Some of my pictures
are around here.....
Have Fun!!!! :))

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an excellent rubellite from him, so good that I do not even want to buy any more rubellites from other vendors. Beautiful cut, color, everything. I bought another rubellite which was fine but not as good as the first one - at that time he did not have an assistant and could confuse orders; from what I heard, things got better. The citrine I bought from him was nicely cut and very bright. So I agree, for the price, his stones are very good. He is also a very good cutter.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BK is well priced for precision cut gemstones. He sells some really nicely coloured stones and some not so. His communication with customers used to be horrible until he took on an assistance and I haven't read of any complaints since then.

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1310560013|2967944 said:
BK is well priced for precision cut gemstones. He sells some really nicely coloured stones and some not so. His communication with customers used to be horrible until he took on an assistance and I haven't read of any complaints since then.
I have only dealt with him one time previously. That experience could be described how Chrono put it, communication was sorely lacking. Glad to hear that things have gotten better with that aspect of business for him. The gem I did get, the cut was way above what I expected. The color was pretty light, but the piece of rough I sent him was pretty junky to start with, so I can't fault him for that. Turn-around time was somewhere around 3-4 months I believe. Hope this helps :twirl:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Well, one response of "yes I can do it" from Bob himself, and a "no we can't" from his assistant. :errrr: I'm hoping she just doesn't know what he has on hand at the moment because I have my heart set on this one and that's saying a LOT given how long I've waffled about it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results