shape
carat
color
clarity

BM Dress Extravaganza!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We did a marathon dress trying on session this weekend, with good results...I think. After 343535 dresses tried on, here''s the one we''ve decided on. It''s Bill Levkoff #420 in this color. These are FI''s sisters, all three have completely different body types, and the fourth BM is similar to one of them just bigger. They look better in person; the lighting in the studio was terrible. Yeesh.

I do have some reservations about it though... They''re so bridesmaid-y!
8.gif
For $200, I would have loved them to get something rewearable, but my vision was a long dress because it''s winter and nighttime, and that style isn''t really conducive to that. I feel guilty about making them spend that much on a dress that couldn''t possibly be worn again. What do you think? Keep looking?

Bill_Levkoff_420.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Sister #2

Bill_Levkoff_420_(4).JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
And #3

Bill_Levkoff_420_(3).JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
On a happier note, I think my sister is ordering this dress to officiate the wedding.

jamiesdress.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
...and I want this for rehearsal dinner!

dessy 6553.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
sunny d- no one expects to re-wear their bridemaids dress. Seriously. I''ve even seen my bridesmaid wear a dress almost EXACTLY like the one she wore to my wedding, and I was like.. why did you just save the money and wear the bridesmaid dress? In a nice way... I said "you know I LOVE THE DRESS, it looks exactly like your bridesmaid''s dress"... and she said - yeah - but once its a bridesmaids dress - it is how it is FOREVER... you can''t EVER wear it again.

I COMPLETELY agree. So unless you are getting a simple black dress - I dont think they can be re-worn. So just pick a dress you like - your girls will happily wear it without complaint. I mean, no one wears their prom dress again - but you feel sooo pretty when you are in it. It is the same thing. Trust me. It is nice to be apart of a group - you''ve been selected as someone special to the bride. It feels GREAT - no matter what outfit you are wearing.

and I love the black and white dress!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I like all of the dresses. I also think that it's potentially rewearable. It doesn't look like a typical bridesmaid dress (really, it doesn't--you should see the ick my SIL put me in), and I think it's actually really pretty. None of that, shorten it and wear it again business, but I could see myself wearing this if I had to go to some kind of formal function or something like that. I think it looks a lot like an evening gown that you'd see in a department store.

Now, question, do all of your BMs like it?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
tlh, you're so right! Once it's been labeled, that's it, it's all over.
3.gif

Another thing though, sister #3 might be pregnant by the time of the wedding (we're hoping!!). She just miscarried
7.gif
so they want to start trying again ASAP, which means she could be slightly or very preggo by the time November rolls around. How do we work that?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 1:46:24 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ok, I like all of the dresses. I also think that it''s potentially rewearable. It doesn''t look like a typical bridesmaid dress (really, it doesn''t--you should see the ick my SIL put me in), and I think it''s actually really pretty. None of that, shorten it and wear it again business, but I could see myself wearing this if I had to go to some kind of formal function or something like that. I think it looks a lot like an evening gown that you''d see in a department store.

Now, question, do all of your BMs like it?
Okay good. I think I''m stressing myself out for no reason...that and the guilt of $200!!

They did like it. So that''s good. And it looked good on them. Also good. Keep the opinions coming!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the dress you chose is absolutely lovely on all three!

I am going to go ahead and agree with everyone here and say BM dresses just really aren''t rewearable...even the rewearable looking ones! I have a great dress from JCrew that i would love to rewear, but for the most part, it''s too dressy (ie. material) for anything i''ve attended. I''ve only ever reworn one dress that i wore as a bridesmaid and it WASN''T a bridesmaid dress - it was an evening gown, and i was the only attendant. And even that, i''ve only worn once after.

My wedding is at night too and in winter, but i am having them choose different cocktail length dresses in the same color (i thought the same as you with the time of year and length, but then decided i didn''t care). My sister really wants to wear knee/cocktail length and i figure they can dress them up with shoes and jewelry. But let me assure you, they most likely won''t be wearing them again either, and they are NOT full length....it''s just how it is. Usually the fabric (read: satin or silk) is just too dressy for most things people attend later.

I they''ll be happy to be supporting you and wearing whatever fits your vision for the wedding!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I really think it will be fine - I agree with the others that a re-wearable BM dress is a rare thing.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
sunnyd - I really like your choice. The dress looks great and the color is perfect. Such a fun neckline. I, too, feel that no one ever expects to wear a bm dress again, however, given the right scenario, they could definitely wear these ones again and that price falls right in line with your avg bm dress nowadays so it''s not exorbitant, at all.

I really like all the dress choices actually ... I think that they all fall in line with your vision and will be gorgeous!!

Soooo ... I recognize those surroundings.
23.gif
Did your fmil have a go at the owner? How did that go?
27.gif

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
I love the neckline of the dress - none of the girls are big-chested, are they? From one who knows, a neckline like that could be disasterous for the twins if anything more rigorous than sedate walking is involved....

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:41:42 PM
Author: NuggetBrain
I love the neckline of the dress - none of the girls are big-chested, are they? From one who knows, a neckline like that could be disasterous for the twins if anything more rigorous than sedate walking is involved....
The first 2 pics are the actual BMs, and yes, they are big chested. They were perfectly comfortable in the dress. The BM not present is larger chested also, but she didn''t come shopping, so snooze you lose.
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:38:15 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Soooo ... I recognize those surroundings.
23.gif
Did your fmil have a go at the owner? How did that go?
27.gif
Hehe!
11.gif
Actually, FMIL didn''t say a word, it was my mom that brought it up! (She''s not a fighter, so it was unexpected.) Situation settled though, I sent you a message.
1.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 1:49:00 PM
Author: sunnyd
tlh, you''re so right! Once it''s been labeled, that''s it, it''s all over.
3.gif

Another thing though, sister #3 might be pregnant by the time of the wedding (we''re hoping!!). She just miscarried
7.gif
so they want to start trying again ASAP, which means she could be slightly or very preggo by the time November rolls around. How do we work that?
my sil got preggers, and had her baby 2 weeks after the wedding. I just let her pick out a dress that fit her, same color, but whatever worked for her, which was an empire waisted one. She was 8 1/2 months... and HUGE. It looked like a swollen basketball... but you know what... it worked out just fine. And since people knew she was pregnant.. it didn''t really matter that her dress didn''t match. I still got a great friend in my wedding, and it was wonderful... besides... I can point to her belly and say, my neice is in there! :D

girls outside.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that it''s gorgeous (as are the other two as well!). It looks fabs on your BM''s.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
All those dresses are gorgeous. Don''t worry about them not being able to rewear them, you never know they might, but no expects to be able to rewear their dresses, it''s just a bonus if they can
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results