shape
carat
color
clarity

BlueNile vs Tiffany''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 4:08:51 AM
Author: Sharon101
I think it is reasonable for the female to have a strong and non negotiable preferance eg Tiffany ring. Its not as if she cant have an opinion & or dream. And I feel that in this case the guy has a set budget that is the same for T. or other, as opposed to him feeling like he cant afford to buy a T. ring.

To me it would feel the same if the gal wanted a great GOG or Whiteflash diamond but the guy insisted on a smaller T. ring. We would all be sticking up for the girl in this sinareo & indeed believing in her right to choose!!!!!

Preference? Of course. But if she would really say no if it wasn''t from Tiffany''s? THAT seems shallow to me.

CCNZ

Rough_Rock
Sounds like the kind of person on the American shows we get here in the UK, like meet the kardashians etc...

Some people have money but that's ALL they have. I wouldn't want to be them or any of those brats on The Hills for anything!
Talk about an empty existence.

Without sounds snooty most people over here in the UK would not walk around with a diamond over 2ct on their finger because of the impression it gives of the wearer.
Flashiness is frowned upon here and firstly most people would just think its not real and even if they did believe it they its not the sort of thing that impresses people here.
Most folks would say big diamonds are garish.

Understated has and always will be the epitome of class.

34.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:32:21 AM
Author: CCNZ
Sounds like the kind of person on the American shows we get here in the UK, like meet the kardashians etc...

Some people have money but that''s ALL they have. I wouldn''t want to be them or any of those brats on The Hills for anything!

Without sounds snooty most people over here in the UK would not walk around with a diamond over 2ct on their finger because of the impression it gives of the wearer.
Flashiness is frowned upon here and firstly most people would just think its not real and even if they did believe it they its not the sort of thing that impresses people here.

34.gif
The OP was given some gorgeous options, but I totally understand his confusion and he seems to be on a time limit. Maybe Tiff''s wouldn''t be that bad a choice? But yes, expect to over pay. Either way would love to see pictures of the finished ring. Good Luck.

CDNZ- I wouldn''t equate the size of a persons ring/diamond to class. Some prefer gemstones to diamonds in an e-ring, should the rest of us think the guy was cheap? To each their own.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it is reasonable for the female to have a strong and non negotiable preferance eg Tiffany ring. Its not as if she cant have an opinion & or dream. And I feel that in this case the guy has a set budget that is the same for T. or other, as opposed to him feeling like he cant afford to buy a T. ring.

To me it would feel the same if the gal wanted a great GOG or Whiteflash diamond but the guy insisted on a smaller T. ring. We would all be sticking up for the girl in this sinareo & indeed believing in her right to choose!!!!!
She can want a Tiffany ring but a non-negotiable preference is just not right. What bothers me is that she will say no because someone else will give it to her. That is just crazy to me. If there are underlying issues, for example, she wants to be with a rich man and if this guy isn''t rich enough to get her a Tiffany ring then he isn''t worth her time. That is still shallow to me.

I heard a story where a girl received a 0.2 ct engagement ring and she said no. She said no because this guy could have easily afforded something better. She felt that she wasn''t worth it to him.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
i never read anything about the original posters girllfriend sayingshe would only accept a ring from Tiffany''s--where is this from?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:43:44 AM
Author: bgray
i never read anything about the original posters girllfriend sayingshe would only accept a ring from Tiffany''s--where is this from?
Thread jack that started with grapegravity post on the first page.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 2:04:13 PM
Author: grapegravity
Date: 12/1/2008 11:44:03 AM

Author: MC

Date: 12/1/2008 11:39:20 AM

just for your reference, my friend''s 1 ct E, VVS1, 6 prong solitaire from Tiffany costed $25000 CAD. And it was purchased last Xmas.
Yikes! Imagine if you went slightly down in color, clarity, and didn''t get a Tiffany branded stone, for that $25K a 1. ct diamond, a pendant, AND a pair of earrings could be purchased! OR you could get a larger stone! Hmmm. . .which would a girl prefer?
2.gif

well, she ONLY wants her ER from TIffany with the highest specs so her FI knows that if he propose without a Tiffany ring, she will not say yes when he propose.
4.gif

It''s all about different preference and priorities.... She prioritize Tiffany first on her list whereas my first priority is the origins of the diamond.
5.gif

Bgray, it was grapegravity''s friend, not OP''s.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 9:32:21 AM
Author: CCNZ

Some people have money but that's ALL they have. I wouldn't want to be them or any of those brats on The Hills for anything!

34.gif
Sorry-I think this is a very rude and presumptuous comment. There are trashy and flashy people everywhere-with and without money. There are plenty of people (with plenty of big money) in the UK with rings over 2 carats . As well as large expensive cars and multi million dollar houses. Whats the difference? I have a very large diamond-and its really the only the piece of jewelry i wear ....................I am about the most understated person you will ever meet--really.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the clarification--i was confused from the get-go!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:52:10 AM
Author: Stone-cold11

Date: 12/1/2008 2:04:13 PM

Date: 12/1/2008 11:44:03 AM

Author: MC

Date: 12/1/2008 11:39:20 AM

just for your reference, my friend''s 1 ct E, VVS1, 6 prong solitaire from Tiffany costed $25000 CAD. And it was purchased last Xmas.
Yikes! Imagine if you went slightly down in color, clarity, and didn''t get a Tiffany branded stone, for that $25K a 1. ct diamond, a pendant, AND a pair of earrings could be purchased! OR you could get a larger stone! Hmmm. . .which would a girl prefer?
2.gif

well, she ONLY wants her ER from TIffany with the highest specs so her FI knows that if he propose without a Tiffany ring, she will not say yes when he propose.
4.gif

It''s all about different preference and priorities.... She prioritize Tiffany first on her list whereas my first priority is the origins of the diamond.
5.gif

Bgray, it was grapegravity''s friend, not OP''s.
I''m so sorry for hijacking this thread....
8.gif

I agree with Sharon101''s point of view. My friend''s dream ER is Tiffany''s 6 prong solitaire and I believe that she tell this to all of the guys when they''re going after her. But she doesn''t care about the size of ER as long as it has high colour and high clarity. The guy clearly has a choice to buy her ER somewhere else or a smaller rock, yet he knows that he can afford a 1 ct Tiffany ring to make her dream come true (and also of course she will say yes when he propose with the Tiffany ring). So he bought it and proposed...... At the end, both of them are happy... Like I said, it''s all about different preferences.

~End of hijacking~

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 2:03:51 AM
Author: CharmyPoo

Date: 12/2/2008 1:50:24 AM

well, I think it's more like if he cannot make her dream (Tiffany ring) come true, then he is not the one for her..... Because they were other guys that were pursuing her and willing to make her dream come true.. So he had to make the first move before it's too late...
Wow. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I don't understand why a man will want to be with someone like that. Is he forever going to try to win her over? She either wants to be with him or she doesn't. Life isn't a dream - I sure hope a dose of reality hits your friend soon.

I just don't see how you can build a marriage like that. It is one thing to want the best that one can comfortably afford. It is another to demand it and threathen to leave if he can't make it happen
Let's just say that she currently live in a greenhouse and yes, she will learn about the real world very soon...
And he is comfortable to afford that 1 ct Tiffany ring according to what I heard from other friends.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 10:34:25 AM
Author: CharmyPoo

She can want a Tiffany ring but a non-negotiable preference is just not right. What bothers me is that she will say no because someone else will give it to her. That is just crazy to me. If there are underlying issues, for example, she wants to be with a rich man and if this guy isn''t rich enough to get her a Tiffany ring then he isn''t worth her time. That is still shallow to me.

I heard a story where a girl received a 0.2 ct engagement ring and she said no. She said no because this guy could have easily afforded something better. She felt that she wasn''t worth it to him.
I hear what you are saying, but I have a feeling that there is some exaduration going on about this girl. For all we know it might be something she jokes about, but we can never know if she would really say no if she was presented with a stunning but non T. ring!!!!

As for the .2 ct ring.....I can understand that the girl took offence and maybe other factors about the guys stinginess came into play. Especially as he could afford more.

My husband used to be really selfish like that and it is not easy to live with. Things for me only improved when I became more demanding and self confident!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results