shape
carat
color
clarity

BlueNile retail store

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was at the Wesrchester Mall in White Plains today and saw that BlueNile is "coming soon".
They already have a store on Long Island.
I understand they have a few displays, you don't walk out with a diamond, they take you to a terminal and you buy.
The diamond can be shipped to the store and you can pick it up or shipped to your home.
Tiffanys is in the same mall, not busy on the Saturday I was there.
BlueNile might just give Tiffanys a run for their money in the mall.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Nile is more likely to give Zales and Kay's some competition in a mall! That sounds like an excellent way for them to bridge the gap for people who are afraid to buy online. I'd be a little worried about how opening actual stores will affect their pricing due to greater overhead.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, this is an amazing location for BN, a real home run. The only other true Jewelry store in this mall is Tiffany. So up to now they have had a monopoly on retail diamond buying in this mall. The anchor stores are Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus, so you can see the level of shoppers there. There is a Burberry, Tumi, Apple, Microsoft, Louis Vitton,Tessla, Omega, stores in this mall.
I still think it will give other options to people going to Tiffany, at least it will get a look for potential diamond buyers.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, this is an amazing location for BN, a real home run. The only other true Jewelry store in this mall is Tiffany. So up to now they have had a monopoly on retail diamond buying in this mall. The anchor stores are Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus, so you can see the level of shoppers there. There is a Burberry, Tumi, Apple, Microsoft, Louis Vitton,Tessla, Omega, stores in this mall.
I still think it will give other options to people going to Tiffany, at least it will get a look for potential diamond buyers.

@WillyDiamond - did the store open and how is it? I don't think comparing Blue Nile to Zales or Kays is at all accurate. If you look at the quality of their settings, and the standard melee they use, for example, they're in different ballparks. Also, their signature diamonds are of very different calibre; Blue Nile's Astor stones are lovely, right across the board.

As a jeweler, they're obviously not of Tiffany standard. But they're more a diamond retail store and they do that very well. By the way, @WillyDiamond - I used to live in Westchester, and The Westchester was where I used to shop for my nicer items. A very rarified, take-your-wallet-with-you, kind of place indeed! I spent many happy hours there! :mrgreen:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b
The store did open
I went in once, you pick a setting and diamond and it is shipped to you. The stones in the store are all CZ, I am not even sure the display settings are plat or gold. To pick a diamond, you sit down with their sales people and decide with a computer display and their inventory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results