shape
carat
color
clarity

BlueNile Post-Purchase To Do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coolspot

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

After receiving a loose diamond from a site like Blue Nile, how do I verify the authenticity of the diamond?

Is an apprasial by a reputable appraiser sufficient, or should I get a diamond grading report done?

I''m in Toronto, I''ll probably be using Harold Weinstein Labs.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Did the diamond come with a report from a reputable lab (e.g. GIA, AGS)?

If so, then taking the diamond to an independent appraiser to verify the diamond you received matches the report is sufficient.

Congrats on your purchase!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to that sameappraiser they were very good. The ycan easily identify the diamond based on he grading report. Take it with you when you g. They also have a service where they will do a pre-setting inspection and then after it is set they will do a full appraisal for insurance. This is a good option as you will need an appraisal for insurance.

coolspot

Rough_Rock
Great thanks, look straightforward. I''ve used HWL once to get an engagement ring appraised and I thought their service was great.

Thanks for letting me know about the pre-post setting appraisal service.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results