shape
carat
color
clarity

Bluenile Diamonds Feedback Please!

james_whiteworth

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,
I'm about to ask the girl of my dreams to marry me, and I am in the process of finding an amazing ring that I hope she'll love and at a great price. Having done extensive research, Bluenile Diamonds seems like an interesting option, and I am considering purchasing a ring from them. So, I was wondering what do you guys think about Bluenile Diamonds? Any good or bad experiences with them? What is your perception of their diamond quality? Any feedback and advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi James, welcome to PS. :wavey:

I found bluenile when I did some cursory research into online diamond purchases a while back. After you get even more in depth - you'll realise you can typically get more quality/size for the same money (these days) or you can get the same as what you bought on certs at bluenile, but with the guarantee that you are getting what you paid for, not a random luck of the draw diamond.

Because when you buy bluenile, you are basically buying sight unseen. If you are ok with that... then yes it is a good place to shop.

I would suggest reading up some of the posts here on bluenile why or why not, and then browsing on the PriceScope vendor websites to see if you aren't happier with the way they sell diamonds.

P.S. I don't think that pretty chick on the bluenile website works on the customer service call hotline. Just saying. :D

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking at round diamonds James...becuase it is very difficult to buy anything but rounds site unseen.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I commend them for the information they include about ethical sourcing, as you can see, here:

http://www.bluenile.com/ethical-sourcing

This is not to say that all a) Pricescope and b) US vendors don't in substance offer the same...but 1) I don't know that they do, and b) Blue Nile could be credited for having the positive awareness of the value for this sort of information.

Separately...

- I understand their signature series is seen by them & in house
- they probably offer good womb to tomb service, and good customer service, though everybody may do.
- I'm not sure how much of a drop shipper they are, but the other comments here reflect on that possible aspect

I did just go to look for their reflector images, since I think they use to offer them from a non-favored point of view, but still offer them. But, on a quick look, I did not see them.

Finally, a down side...they VERY rarely come on this board. Representatives from some other Pricescope vendors come on here to talk and write. They rarely do.

Regards,

Ira Z.

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
I can only say that I thought they didn't provide enough information about the stones I was looking at. Example, no photos of the actual stone, IS or otherwise.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I've purchased from BN and have been happy, but it depends what you're looking for and what matters to you. If you're looking for a RB and already know what clarity and color you want, and don't want an upgrade...then I think BN is a goodoption for you. They do have great customer service

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I would consider Blue Nile for their Signature Ideal diamonds and they now have an upgrade policy for those stones. I recently received a five-stone ring set with their Signature Ideal round diamonds and I couldn't be more pleased. Probably one of the best things about Blue Nile is their 30 day return policy which allows you to return the ring if you aren't happy.

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
I have family members that have purchased from Blue Nile, the stones from the Signature Collection seem to be the prettiest stones. If you're alright with not seeing actual pictures of the stone and all of that, you should be okay. As it's been mentioned, they have a great return policy and their customer service is outstanding. Please do share with us if you decide to buy from them! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results