shape
carat
color
clarity

Blueberry Muffin Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every Friday at work, we alternate bringing in breakfast for 20-ish people. People usually get donuts and bagels. I''m trying to switch it up a bit with yogurt parfaits and homemade blueberry muffins.

I have a blueberry muffin recipe that is wonderful, but the problem is, I cannot find it!!! I know it has butter (no shortening), sour cream, lemon rind (no lemon juice), no cinnamon. These muffins are perfect. Buttery and cakey on the inside, with a nice almost crispy exterior.

I tried to find similar recipes on-line last night, but couldn''t locate one that was exactly the same.

So, do any of you have a fabulous blueberry muffin recipe? Or, perhaps you know of a recipe website where I can search by ingredient?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Cream-Muffins/Detail.aspx

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,164,146168-248206,00.html

SOUR CREAM BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
1 stick softened butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sour cream
1 3/4 c. blueberries

TOPPING:

1/2 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. soft butter
Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs until creamy. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream. Stir in blueberries and vanilla. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle a heaping teaspoon (or more) topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Makes 24.

***I have never made either of these... sounds good though. I just use the box mix and add the ingredients. I am not much of a cook though, sorry.***

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine. Been using this for 20+ years. NEVER fails.
LS

BLUEBERRY OAT MUFFINS
Yield: 16-18 large muffins

INGEDIENTS:

1-2/3 cups frozen blueberries
2 tbsp flour
¾ cup oatmeal
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

½ cup cold butter or margarine, cut into bits

1-1/2 tbsp grated lemon rind (or 1 tbsp lemon juice)
2/3 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1-1/2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 3850F (this is for my oven – the original recipe calls for 4000F)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Toss first 2 ingredients in a bowl, put in freezer.
2. In a separate large bowl, combine next 5 ingredients, mix well.
3. Add butter (I do this in my food processor, using frozen butter). Blend the mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
4. Add the floured blueberries and mix quickly (so berries don’t thaw).
5. In a separate bowl, combine lemon, milk and egg.
6. Add lemon/milk/egg to the dry mixture, stir until JUST combined. Do not over mix.
7. Spoon batter until buttered muffin cups, fill to 2/3 full.
8. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, sprinkle over muffins.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage:
In my original muffin book, there IS one with butter, buttermilk (instead of sour cream), and no lemon. Maybe this one is close to your original: (I haven't tried it though...)

BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS
yield: 12 muffins

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup plus 2 tbsp rolled oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp vanilla

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/4 cup walnuts, chopped

1 egg
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

1-1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen.

METHOD:

1. Preheat oven to 400degF
2. In a medium bowl combine first 3 ingredients, let stand.
3. In a separate bowl, combine next 6 ingredients.
4. Add nuts to dry mix.
5. Add egg, brown sugar, and melted butter to first mixture.
6. Add entire wet mixture to dry ingredients.
7. Stir until just moistened.
8. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tlh - Thanks for posting those recipes. You should try making them from scratch one day. You won''t believe how good blueberry muffins can be!! BTW, I do love your signature -- what a wonderful quote!!

LostSapphire - Thank you so much for posting those recipes. I will definitely try your 20+ year recipe! Can''t go wrong with that. And, you are much better at keeping track of cookbooks than me. My recipe is in a cookbook!! So, it''s not that I can''t find it on a random sheet of paper . . . I can''t find the actual book!! In my defense, we did move over the summer, but still, I''ve never been so good with the organization.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:02:34 AM
Author: Loves Vintage
tlh - Thanks for posting those recipes. You should try making them from scratch one day. You won''t believe how good blueberry muffins can be!! BTW, I do love your signature -- what a wonderful quote!!

LostSapphire - Thank you so much for posting those recipes. I will definitely try your 20+ year recipe! Can''t go wrong with that. And, you are much better at keeping track of cookbooks than me. My recipe is in a cookbook!! So, it''s not that I can''t find it on a random sheet of paper . . . I can''t find the actual book!! In my defense, we did move over the summer, but still, I''ve never been so good with the organization.
Thanks. The only time I tried to be adventurous was when I was a kid. I tried to make my dad a boston creme pie from scratch. It ended up tasting like sweet scrambled eggs.
14.gif

I haven''t deviated from the box since. I do know HOW good they can be... so I am REALLY nice to the cooks I know!
emembarrassed.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:02:34 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

I actually went and looked at the publish date on my book. I thought, "no way I''ve been doing this recipe for 20 years".

But sure ''nuff, the publish date is 1982....and I KNOW I got it when it had just come out.....geez, how old am I???
9.gif

LS

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t have a recipe,but i wouldn''t mind trying all of ya ladies blueberry muffins. love blueberry muffins,please send me some
18.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:28:51 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
i don''t have a recipe,but i wouldn''t mind trying all of ya ladies blueberry muffins. love blueberry muffins,please send me some
18.gif
Here ya go DF.

Foo159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results