shape
carat
color
clarity

blue zircon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixie1216

Rough_Rock
can a ring with a blue zircon solitaire stone be resized? i have read that heat can change the color of the stone or crack it. does anyone have any experience with sizing a ring with a blue zircon. i was told the same thing with a ring i have with emeralds, but no damage was done during the resizing. thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resizing should be a problem if the ring is a plain solitaire and prong set. They aren''t torching the zircon or anything so it should be safe.
9.gif

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Heating the stone could turn it''s color brown. I have seen blue zircon turn brown in a tanning booth. The thermal shock could also damage the stone.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Have the jeweler take extra care. Zircon is sensitive to light and heat. Extreme light (uv) can make a zircon revert back to its original (pre-heated) color--like Gene's tanning bed example. Heat may change the color yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results