shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Zircon ring in the making

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! I used to post on PS years ago (when I was engaged once upon a time) and now no longer have access to my email associated with my old account...booo. Anyway, I lurk quite a bit and started to grow a jewelry collection in the past year. Lately, I started to dip my toes into the colored gemstone world...what have I gotten myself into?!

I had my jeweler bring in stones for me to fit into a different ring mount...I ended up going with a spessarite but fell in love with a blue zircon. So, I had to get a ring made with both, right? :naughty:

This zircon has a AGTA certificate. It's 11.58mx9.21x6.65m at 6.94 ct. It's eye clean and sparkles more than the more deeply saturated and more expensive one that was brought in. The color listed is medium light, very saturated and very strongly greenish-blue. It's listed as eyeclean on the report but as a gemstone type II. Sidestones will be .7ctw G/VS1 traps set in 18k white gold setting.

I hope you guys approve!

Anyway, here are some awful pics taken from my phone.

zircon.jpg

zirconsides.jpg

BB40767_VIZ1.jpg

BB40767_VIZ12.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sstone. Approve. :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice zircon! It'll make a super pretty ring.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I'd love to see the spess too.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful. I feel like I have to pass on the warning everyone gave me when I was making a blue zircon ring earlier this year - not an everyday ring, will get abraded easily! I think it looks like a great occasional wear ring, though!

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you crasru and JewelFreak!

kitty, I'll have to take more pics when I clean my stone. Amazing how greasy it seems to get compared to diamonds. Maybe it's because I'm not used to colored stones yet :twirl:

Thanks Novel for the warning. I also have an aquamarine ring that I lovingly wear occasionally. Every little bang my ring takes I'm carefully louping it...I think I must be a little insane.

My ring will be ready while I'm out of town so I'm guessing I won't get it till the 7th...booo!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see why you fell in love with your blue zircon. It is beyond gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics of the completed ring on your hand.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Wow... Can't wait to see the finished ring! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results