shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Zircon project-ideas wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had this pretty little stone hanging around loose for a while now, and am planning to take it to the Santa Monica gem show this weekend to find it a setting. It''s approx. 4x6, and I don''t know the weight offhand.

What would you do with it? I''m thinking either a pendant or a RHR...

TIA!

7c60_1.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm.....Selkie........I hate to tell you this but did you know that''s a fake stone?
2.gif
31.gif
9.gif

I love the color so much that I think I would do a ring so that I could look at it all day long [not that a pendant wouldn''t be gorgeous as well]!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 6:24:25 PM
Author: Catmom
Ummmm.....Selkie........I hate to tell you this but did you know that''s a fake stone?
2.gif
31.gif
9.gif

I know, right??
9.gif
Better hope I don''t get booted off PS for posting it!
11.gif
It''s a little sparkler, that''s for sure.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza! I
30.gif
that color. I vote for ring like Catmom said so you can gaze at it all day.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, I third it. What a gorgeous color. I would stare at it allllll day. Love it.

Linda

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''ll be awesome in a ring but just a word of caution: zircon are soft stones so you have to baby it quite a bit. They are much more prone to chipping and scratches than sapphires, spinels and tourmalines. Don''t quote me but I think they are even softer than aquamarines.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 7:55:07 AM
Author: Chrono
It''ll be awesome in a ring but just a word of caution: zircon are soft stones so you have to baby it quite a bit. They are much more prone to chipping and scratches than sapphires, spinels and tourmalines. Don''t quote me but I think they are even softer than aquamarines.

Thanks everyone! I am thinking a ring too, though like Chrono says, I''ll have to protect it pretty well. I''m thinking a low partial bezel east west setting. It''s pretty deep, probably 3.5mm. Hopefully I can find just the right thing tomorrow, and then I''ll be able to post more pics.

I also just received a ring setting I bought from eBay. It''s a new Jabel 18K semi-mount with six 2-point diamonds, that will hold four round stones, 4mm each. It''s really cool, and I''m hoping I can find nice stones for it as well. Haven''t decided on a color yet.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
A little late but I wanted to say that your stone is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results