shape
carat
color
clarity

blue unheated sapphire, .5-1kt, ~$1k

gongli

Rough_Rock
hi everyone

ive been reading this forum for a while and really learning alot and enjoying the variety of topics. thanks!

so i am looking for an unheated blue sapphire in about .5-1kt, my budget is upto around $1k. im open to a wide range of things. i'd like a nice cut and color, and i don't mind some clarity issues such as veils or other inclusion if it looks reasonable overall, sleepy or brilliant. i could go for cabochon if it's interesting. ultimately headed for a solitaire, i like the janish hammered bezel look alot, and im thinking a precision cut in a hand-hammered bezel might be what im looking for... not sure about that contrast though..

so that's it, unheated blue sapphire, carat in .5-1kt, color and cut nice, i can give up some clarity. ive been looking through alot of the sellers mentioned here and have seen alot of nice things. i like mastercutgems, white, many of the others.

i would appreciate any suggestions!

best
-neal

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is hard to find an unheated sapphire but I'd advise to browse ebay's gemburionline, vvs1 and odysseygems. From time to time, they have pretty unheated sapphires that I like. They can provide AIGS certificates and so far I had no problem with returns. You have to wait for a while and browse very patiently but you will probably end up finding something really nice. Especially if you are prepared to put up with a native cut.

Another sapphire that I really liked, 1.2 - ct for $ 1200, certified and with the color to die for, I once bought from Brad at The Gem Trader. I had to return it mostly because I could not understand how to set a trilliant and yet I regret it because of the color. Perhaps you could get in touch with him?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Simply Sapphires is fantastic; great inventory, and send an email to John if you can't find what you'd like to see if he might have anything that's not listed or if he might be able to source something for you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results