shape
carat
color
clarity

blue topaz ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

paul3mac

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I''m pretty much clueless when it comes to jewelry. My girlfriend had mentioned she wanted a blue Topaz ring. I saw this ring [Link] today and was amazed by the price. Should I be amazed by the price? Is it a good ring?
Also, it says only size 7 is available, and my girlfriend is a size 4 or 5. I should be able to get it resized without any problems right? How much does that usually cost? Thanks for any help you can give me

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Blue topaz is so cheap that it really has no effect on the price. That stone would go for about $3 wholesale, if that. You're paying solely for the setting and side diamonds. Assuming all the data given is accurate, I don't think that's a bad price for the ring, though you would have to see it in person to be sure.

Re-sizing it should not be much of a problem, though it could cost you a few bucks.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about natural blue topaz, which has not been heat treated is it not more expensive? Are these stones readily available though. It is true is it not that most blue topaz has been heat treated or had some other type of treatment to create the blue color.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Most, virtually all, blue topaz has been irradiated and heat treated to produce the blue color.

Naturally blue colored topaz is not common and therefore more expensive.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would a blue topaz which to the naked eye looks unevenly colored be a natural, not irradiated and not heat treated? I saw one of those but was not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results