shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Spinel Setting Ideas, Help Wanted!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
At last, it's time to have my blue spinel set, yippee! Originally I wanted to do a halo w/diamonds on the shank. I photoshopped it into one -- left me cold. That's out.

Against my wedding ring, a slim half-eternity w/alternating baguettes & rounds -- wow, it sang without a halo, by itself! However, baguette melee, at least on Multicolour's site, adds bucks fast, so may just do the shank w/rounds. Colors??? Yeah, diamonds are always nice, what about something else?

I photoshopped these. The shank stones come from Multicolour -- I'm not real confident that their colors are accurate, but you'll get the impression. Comments or ideas extremely welcome.

It's a Mahenge spinel, antique cushion, 2.96 ct, 7.75 x 7.75 x 5.75. First a couple of photos to show its various moods. Next post, different stones on shank.

MahengeSpinel.jpg

SpinelBlueSqAnt2_96ct.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
These are the ideas I had for colors on the shank. What do you think? Would matching them be a problem?

Many thanks for ideas & thoughts!

--- Laurie

spinel ruby shank.jpg

Spinel red ruby.jpg

Spinel malaya garnet.jpg

spinel idea.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink or white. I have a spinel with mahenge pink sides. Love it!! Nice stone!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purty! I'd go with classic white, or yellow with a rich 18k yellow gold setting.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! I vote pink or white.
Where'd you get the stone, if you don't mind my asking? :)

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous. I'd go with white or yellow, too. I think it really popped against the yellow but wasn't outshone. And that spinel is fantastic.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MakingTheGrade|1305745244|2924967 said:
Purty! I'd go with classic white, or yellow with a rich 18k yellow gold setting.
I literally gasped thinknig of yellow with rich yellow gold.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everybody. Except I'm just as confused as ever. Yikes! I love the yellow with it, would be in yg then. Had planned originally to use rose gold -- if I used white diamonds, would do that. Thought of mahenge sides too, TL, but I'm afraid sides might cut out light to the center spinel & I want to give it all the light it can receive, blue spinels being as they are. Hmmm. Have not yet contacted anybody about making the ring, will see what they might advise too.

WD, I got it from Roger Dery. It feels like you can look miles into its color & get hypnotized, and it has so much life at the same time. I am SO glad I bought it when I did -- can see how prices have gone up even in the 6 months since. Can't WAIT to swan around in it, though it's not an everyday ring.

--- Laurie

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1305747852|2925011 said:
MakingTheGrade|1305745244|2924967 said:
I literally gasped thinknig of yellow with rich yellow gold.
Yes yellow!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Another gorgeous blue spinel. I like the red or white combo, or maybe even light blue?

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I'd go with white in rose gold setting (the blue will definitely pop & I think RG compliments your skin tone)

congrats on ur new spinel. very nice color :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Wonderful stone, very, very full of color and saturation.

In contrast to everyone's opinion, I'd go with pink stones. I think the stone is the the "cold' palette and will do well with bright-pink, warmer tones. In other words, it simply looks pretty with pink stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results