shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue sapphire with colored spot

cyang

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I recently purchased a blue sapphire diamond ring. The center sapphire is 9 by 7 mm oval blue sapphire. The colr is very pretty and translucent blue. However close to one of the prone, i see a colored spot (almost brown colred circle). Shall i be concerened?

I know the most important thing for blue sapphire is how blue the colr is, which is perfect here. But what about the inclusion? The inclusion is visible to my eyes without need to use any loupe. I saw the spot right after i took the ring out of the store. I didn't even bother to check the clarity of a blue sapphire.

Let me know what your thought is. The store has good return policy. I can get another one if it is necessary. It is just energy consuming.

Thanks,

cyang

iLander

Ideal_Rock
If it bothers you, return it.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1307279658|2938260 said:
If it bothers you, return it.

Ditto

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Cyang ~

No regrets: return it.
If you won't wear the ring often because you'll be thinking of the inclusion, it isn't worth it.
That is what return policies are there for, after all.

I still have a little difficulty returning gems, even if it is about my personal preference in say color, rather than an actual flaw in the gem. It can be hard, but I've never regretted the few returns I've made. On the other hand, I have a couple of gems, (I purchased early on), I wish I had returned.

Chances are excellent you'll find another blue sapphire you :love: (without a brown spot!)

Let us know what you decide.

~ faegrace

cyang

Rough_Rock
I uploaded some photos. I checked store to see if there is any comparable ones. Either it is not as pretty as the color. Or the sapphire is slightly smaller. My current ring's sapphire color is prettier in natural light. It become vivid royal blue.

side_view.jpg

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00485_circle.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results