shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue sapphire/Winza ruby bypass ring is done!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Over the weekend, my jeweller called me to say that this ring and my mint tourmaline halo ring is done! So off I went to her shop and there's good/bad news for me... The good news is I love the bypass ring it is very solid and well-made imo but the bad news is...the mint green tourmaline was set wayyyy too high and the shank of the ring was tilted at a very weird angle like almost perpendicular to the basket so after several inputs the ring had to go back to the bench again :sick:

Now enough of my rant and straight to the pics of the bypass ring! Both stones are untreated and slightly under a carat, set in 18K RG. The Tanzanian marine blue sapphire was purchased from Ed (Wildfish) in 2013 and fast forward two years later, I am so happy I finally found a matching Winza ruby from Dana to set it with! :)

_30175.jpg

_30176.jpg

_30177.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bypass!!! I love the smooth and clean lines. The sapphires are such a great match in terms of 'intensity' and shape. I cannot believe you did not source them together. Great find and great design choices.

Please post more pics :appl:

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
The clean, simple setting showcases both stones beautifully!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1431463268|3875697 said:
Beautiful bypass!!! I love the smooth and clean lines. The sapphires are such a great match in terms of 'intensity' and shape. I cannot believe you did not source them together. Great find and great design choices.

I was just going to say the exact words!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous match!!!!

austinj

Shiny_Rock
That ring looks fantastic on your hand!! Beautiful colors

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
I am happy that you all like it too! :love:

Acinom, this sapphire was my first ever colored stone purchase (I didn't even bother much about its window back then! :oops:) in 2013. When it arrived, honestly i thought it's so tiny what am I to do with it lol!? So, it just sat in the gembox patiently. In the next 2 years, marriage came and now I am expecting a little one and he is due this July (thus the ruby) and I thought ok, maybe i will make a bypass ring with my husband's and son's birthstone. Hence the search for a untreated (I wanted both to be the same lol) and similar shape/size ruby started end February. Sometime in March, I couldn't be happier when I chanced upon this little red beauty at Dana's site. I knew it right there it's THE ONE! :halo: Now, I am glad I kept the sapphire back then and did not return it... Such is life and also the fun thing about collecting these gem stones hah!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Thank you austinj for your compliment! :oops:

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
This ring is actually done by a new jeweller that I am trying out and so far it has some hits and misses but I am very happy with how this ring turned out so I will most probably use them again to set another bypass ring! This round, it will be a mismatched colour (Aquamarine and Peridot) pair that I had just purchased off Brad's hands and it shall be in YG.. :naughty:

On a side note, for those of you who have dealt with Brad (The Gem Trader) before (I know Acinom is definitely on the list!), does he usually take awhile to ship out the stones after payment? As it's coming 2 weeks since i had made payment and I have not gotten any definitive shipping update from him - he only said he will send me a tracking number once he have it and that was 1 week ago. :eh:
Hopefully any of you who recently dealt with him can chime in!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux|1431468555|3875734 said:
Acinom|1431463268|3875697 said:

I was just going to say the exact words!

Hee Minous, I have to credit my jeweller for that bit lol as I intially wanted some bling along the shank! However, she went on to show me a bypass ring she had set for a client. It is the exact same design (housing a sapphire/emerald in sterling silver) and it instantly spoke to me! So in the end, I went without any bling, just yummy 18K RG :cheeky:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUTSTANDING! Love how the YG complements the ruby & sapphire ... Just lovely!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the combination of red and blue and the smoothness of the setting! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the new ring. Brad usually sends out my order within the week.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Beautiful! Classic but still modern!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sleek and pretty!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new ring! Congrats! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The outcome was well worth the wait :appl: You are lucky to have such a jeweller. The ring reminds me of Cartier.

Regarding The Gem Trader and shipping: my stones were supposed to be shipped to David Klass after the final payment but were shipped to me instead 8-). I guess Brad is busy, but he is a great guy and I would just contact him again.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I also love the clean lines but sturdy thick shank, it's a great look - very nice!!!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
JoCoJenn: Thank you JoCo! The setting is actually RG but I did request for my jeweler to have less coppery tone in it. =) for this project, I find 18k YG a tad too bright as I wanted the more subtle look of RG so as not to compete with the two stones. Glad you like it!

Lovinggems: I love the red/blue combi too! They complement each other so well yet perfect in their own right! 8-) Glad you love the setting too!

Chrono: Thank you and I have just emailed Brad yesterday; hope to hear from him soon! I understand he had some new listings up last week so he could be busy and thus the delay in shipping out my stones but it could be better if he at least pre-empt me about the delay :(sad

Arcadian/LisaRN/ricezo: Thank you ladies so much for your lovely comments! I am really happy that I can share my completed projects with you guys! It means alot as I don't have like-minded friends who appreciate these colored beauties! :sick: It can get quite lonely at times don't you think?

Acinom: Yes indeed it was worth the 3 weeks wait! A pity that the mint green tourmaline had to go back to her bench for some fixing but hopefully I can get it next week...Interestingly, my jeweler was "strongly inspired" (read: almost like a replication of haha) by Bvlgari's bypass ring lol! However, I tweaked it a little by asking her to have the ends of the stones prong-set instead of half-bezel. :rodent:
So both your pink and purple sapphires made a detour before reaching David! I can't wait to see what he will be doing for you! I've loved the lip-smacking gorgeous spess he had done for you! Very chic! Just an update,I have reached out to Brad yesterday regarding the shipping update and I really hope he'll get back soon :pray: Doesn't feel good to be left hanging for almost two weeks after payment..

Katharath: Thank you for dropping in to leave your comments! I still haven't got over drooling about your recent acquisitions! :cheeky: Haha to be honest, I only learnt to appreciate the look of thick, sturdy shanks very recently and it's really growing on me!

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Here's another pic I took by the window today :)

_30246.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results