shape
carat
color
clarity

blue sapphire question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i am seeing a spot right at 9 oclock on a near fifteen point blue sapphire. it is not visible to me with the naked eye but is with a loupe. i am wondering if it will affect the value of the ring. it is one of eleven white diamonds and eleven blue sapphires in an eternity ring. would you call the vendor, return it or not be bothered by something this small. thanks!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t be bothered by it. It seems fairly small on a small stone. It is already a difficult task to get so many blue sapphires to match in size and colour. For me, eye clean is good enough.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks chrono for your opinion. i appreciate it.

anyone else?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be bothered by it unless it was specifically sold to you as "loupe clean". Chrono is right, having matching color for the sapphires is more important than them being flawless.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it''s eye clean I''d be happy with it.

Of course if you posted a photo I could drool over it a bit and give you a more informed opinion.
2.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks kismet and stone hunter! three like opinions seems reasonable.

Chrysoz

Rough_Rock
You are right all of you, if it wasn''t sold to you as "loupe-clean", you shouldn''t need to be bothered. Look at it positively, the stones match in color, and you can probabaly prove the stone natural thanks to the tiny inclusion.
Would be nice to see a pic..
2.gif

Evelina

Rough_Rock
If it''s something that is visible only under a 10x-magnification I would not worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results