shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue sapphire pave?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just posted this is rockytalky but I think maybe I should have posted here.

I was just wondering if anybody had ever seen a band that had micro pave in sapphires. I keep trying to think of a way to add sapphires into both my ering and wedding band and wondered if this even could be done. What are your thoughts on what it looks like?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Never seen one with micropave - but this came to mind. BTW - it's late 1930s by Suzanne Belperron.

Belperron-sapphire-and-dia-L.jpg

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
Ooo, good question. I''ve seen a sapphire pave halo, but I am not sure where...I''ll go snoop around...

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Not a band but some sapphire pave: Bigger Pic

sapphire with sapphire pave.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:42:00 AM
Author:stepcutgirl
I keep trying to think of a way to add sapphires into both my ering and wedding band and wondered if this even could be done. What are your thoughts on what it looks like?

I can see no technical reason to keep it from being done. I''m not sure about the look, though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's doable but not a classic look which would account for not being commonly sold/seen. There's also the element of matching up the colour of all the melees so you won't get a splotchy blue ring. I would prefer something timeless and stick to the safer route of a surprise sapphire.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Juan @ Van-Graff has done some work with sapphire and diamond pave - I''ve liked these for years. I don''t remember seeing any solid sapphire pave or micropave.

saphpave1.JPG

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
A band:

saphpave4.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well I didn''t think I liked the pictures I saw until those vetrik! I''m gonna go check that out!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ve seen some lovely sapphire pave pieces (such as flower brooches) but I haven''t seen a band yet. Coloured stone pave is just stunning, if it is well done and colour matched.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:32:42 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I''ve seen some lovely sapphire pave pieces (such as flower brooches) but I haven''t seen a band yet. Coloured stone pave is just stunning, if it is well done and colour matched.
...and that''s usually the case of the pieces made by famous jewellery houses, whose works cost a small fortune. Otherwise, there are just too many things to keep in mind - the stones'' hue (not to end up with both, teal blue and violet blue in the same piece, unless that''s the designer''s idea), the level of brilliance (to avoid having "dead" stones among the sparkly ones), matching for size (to avoid having too much metal between the stones), matching for clarity (look under "level of brilliance") etc. That''s why most jewellers stick to diamond pave as there are less variables to think about.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
These earrings have Blue pave. I'm not sure if they are Sapphire or Aqua, hard to tell from the description, but I love the look!

MunderBluSEarrings.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:33:54 AM
Author: CrookedRock
These earrings have Blue Sapphire pave. I love the look!

Those are gorgeous. Are they set in black gold or some weird thing? It doesn''t look light light metal between the stones.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA You quoted me before I changed it... Here is what it says: 18 karat blackened white gold earrings, set with aquamarines, blue sapphires, lavender spinel and diamonds

So yup... you were right Neatfreak!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:37:05 AM
Author: CrookedRock
HAHA You quoted me before I changed it... Here is what it says: 18 karat blackened white gold earrings, set with aquamarines, blue sapphires, lavender spinel and diamonds

So yup... you were right Neatfreak!

Lol. Sorry. I thought they must be black gold. Gorgeous! I don''t usually love sapphire pave set in light metals because unless it is done exceptionally well it looks weird with the contrast. But that black gold is gorgeous!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Some suggestions; HERE is something obviously not of high quality, and HERE is something that is, but is also priced accordingly.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I think sapphire pave in your ER or WB would be lovely! :)

I was given a ring from my hubby that has an asscher cut light blue spinel with a diamond halo and blue sapphire pave set band, I love the sapphire pave-something a little different than the norm. I can''t remember where he purchased it from. I''ll let you know when I find out.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here are some from the M. Khordipour website. Many of these are 'antique style' reproductions, but there are some beautiful combinations in there, most not necessarily pave but french cuts....
link: http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/index.cfm

LS

ETA: if you go to the website linked above, and pick the 'bands and eternity rings' section, there are a few in there as well, starting at about page 10 onwards.

KhordipourMontage.jpg

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if this is what you have in mind, but this Kirk Kara set is one of my all-time favorites. I think the band could be worn with other rings and look stunning. Link

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered this ring for my .63 ct. RB diamond. It has a sapphire halo. Sorry I don''t have photos yet of my ring yet, this is just a manufacturer photo.

LDR-235.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results