shape
carat
color
clarity

BLUE NILE SIGNATURE COLLECTION...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond326

Rough_Rock
did anybody see one of the BLUE NILE SIGNATURE COLLECTION diamonds? According to their website it is the top 1% of all diamonds in the WORLD... could this be true? also looking at their website THOSE DIAMONDS should have the best brilliance out off all of the ones they sell... they seem to have a 5 star feedback from their customers...

have you guys seen one in real life not on a picture? and if so... Was it as good as they write about them???

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't seen Blue Nile's collection but almost all of the online vendors carry diamonds like that. This quote is from a different online vendor posted on their site:

" Signature Series diamonds are more brilliant and dispersive than 99% of all diamonds sold on the market today. Hand picked by our expert staff, each diamond showcases "Ideal" or "Excellent" proportions..."

Search around the different vendor sites, you'll find them called by different names but they are basically making the same claim. Those who own them can verify that they are "all that"!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep sorry to say that BN signature collection is nothing special in terms of exclusivity on well-cut stones. there are a few great online vendors who carry exceptionally cut stones, and for ME...what blue nile offers in terms of tools to help you make a decision is not enough information. i want to see images of the stone, idealscope images, a sarin, the grading report, bscope (if available) etc. from what i have heard, blue nile only offers the grading report, possibly a sarin, and an image of the stone...unless something has changed recently.

so yes their diamonds may be great, but there are other vendors who sell similar stock, and some would argue it could be better elsehwere. BN can have competitive pricing on certain stones but i have also seen some of their prices be higher than other vendors, so make sure to shop around and ensure that you are getting a good deal on a great stone. there are alot of diamonds out there, so check as many of them out virtually as possible before making that final decision.

whowever you shop with, good luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Princess cuts cannot be selected based on numbers alone. Each diamond has to be judged based on it''s visual performance.

Blue Nile is very reputable and has an excellent return policy. One gal here bought a diamond, decided to return it for another diamond, decided to return it for another diamond. Blue Nile honored her returns every time until she got THE diamond she loved.

That said, there are other Vendors on Price Scope who have physical possession of Princess diamonds that were hand selected for performance. In stock, ready to ship, with tons of additional information available.
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Look at the reviews they will say more about a company then what a company says about themselves.

realron75

Rough_Rock
I bought a princess from WhiteFlash and love it. 1.44 carat, G, VS1, 66% table, 71% depth, and 12% crown. Only $8,300. Comparable signature cuts from Blue Nile were about $1,000 more.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue Nile does appear to have beautiful stones. I''ve never seen one in person, but all of the pictures posted here have been of gorgeous diamond rings. Their stones are more pricey, though, and for this reason, I''d shop around a bit before going with them.

They DO have a super easy return policy. I bought and returned a necklace from them w/out ANY hassle!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m confused, is he talking about princesses or rounds?

diamond326

Rough_Rock
i`m asking about PRINCESS CUT...

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
We just bought from Blue Nile and are very happy (my ring photo is on the show off the e ring thread, I'm having trouble getting photos uploaded here, but I'm going to try again). I got a 1.01 Round H VS2, with a platinum half bezel setting. I priced a wedding band I liked at a store today, at $1500, and I can get a similar band at Blue Nile for $1000, with bigger stones, albeit H S1 instead of F V2, and would buy there again. I'll likely get the band there. We probably could have paid a bit less for the stone had we looked at all the options, but we were so worn out at looking at everything, and really liked the Blue Nile customer service and return policy. I had the ring checked today at a reputable store, and everything is fine with it, no problems. The ering setting is really sturdy and looks good. It does scratch fairly easily, but I guess that's what happens with a big piece of platinum, and I'm not a very gentle person. In fact, I'm a total klutz. I would recommend using the diamond locator on the home page here, seeing what comes up, and comparing it to Blue Nile.

I tried to attach, but to accept it I had to make it TEEEENY TIIIIIINNNNY. Sorry, I tried.

fabooringopic.jpg

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I have seen BN''s signature collection stones in the lab. As Mara said they are NOT better than the stones available at other merchants that sell the H&A type rounds and premium cut princesses.

I think Blue Nile is legitimate.... their customer service is professional, and I read no real complaints about them.

It is a plus, that they will take back and replace a diamond that the consumer isn''t satisfied with.

When I have checked a stone for a consumer purchased from them, if it does have to be returned, they are very courteous and professional in their manner.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results