shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Idea vs Jared "Peerless"

stangfl

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I have been doing a lot of research into my upcoming engagement ring purchase and up to this point am pretty much sold on using an online merchant like Blue Nile. My buddy was in the same boat until he spoke with a sales person at Jared's and they mentioned that the Jared "Peerless" Brilliant Round diamond (slightly more expensive then Blue Nile's Idea Cut Round) was rated higher than Blue Nile's Ideal Cut Round stone (was referring to the quality of stones in the collection). Additionally, he said that Jared's "Ideal" Round diamonds were the same quality as Blue Nile Ideal Cut Round stones but, at a lower price. All of this sounds far-fetched to me due to the fact that online prices always seem to beat out those of a brick & mortar merchant. I also know that the certification on the Jared diamond was an AGS compared to Blue Nile's GIA. Any truth to this?

Thanks,
Jason

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really can't comment on the differences.

As for AGS and GIA- both are strict with grading- I wouldn't buy a stone grades by another agency as the others are less strict and have softer grades. I would price out the specs that you want in a stone using the search feature- and look specifically at the GIA and AGS stones that are ideal cut.

If you post an approximate "wish" list we can help you find options.

Typically the settings at the PS vendors are deemed better quality in terms of side stones/melee and craftmanship than Jared/Kay/etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will find top cut quality at a better price online. AGS Ideal and GIA Excellent cut are both good. Do tell you what you are looking for because there are sometimes better buys than BN.

scepture

Rough_Rock
Just a heads up as a side note and some food for thought - if it isn't imperative for you to get to the 1ct mark, the prices will drop if you look for something just slightly below 1ct and you will not notice a visual difference.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
stangfl|1308768949|2952153 said:
Hello All,

I have been doing a lot of research into my upcoming engagement ring purchase and up to this point am pretty much sold on using an online merchant like Blue Nile. My buddy was in the same boat until he spoke with a sales person at Jared's and they mentioned that the Jared "Peerless" Brilliant Round diamond (slightly more expensive then Blue Nile's Idea Cut Round) was rated higher than Blue Nile's Ideal Cut Round stone (was referring to the quality of stones in the collection). Additionally, he said that Jared's "Ideal" Round diamonds were the same quality as Blue Nile Ideal Cut Round stones but, at a lower price. All of this sounds far-fetched to me due to the fact that online prices always seem to beat out those of a brick & mortar merchant. I also know that the certification on the Jared diamond was an AGS compared to Blue Nile's GIA. Any truth to this?

Thanks,
Jason

well there is one easy way to find out...compare prices yourself! also make sure to compare vendor policies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results