shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile "garland" wedding band opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring-platinum_7822?sort=LTHP&show_all_pages=1

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-eternity-ring-platinum_7823?show_all_pages=1

I am looking for a wedding band to wear on my other hand- I have an oval and nothing really works wit it. What do you guys think of these from Blue Nile? I''ve never seen one in person. My fiance hates the 5 diamond look or if you can tell that it''s ''half way'' around...do you think it would be obvious with the first, even with a size 4? Any opinion? I feel like it''s the type of band I might like for a month, but somehow I''m drawn to it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 4:55:11 AM
Author:ScorpioNYC
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-wedding-ring-platinum_7822?sort=LTHP&show_all_pages=1

I am looking for a wedding band to wear on my other hand- I have an oval and nothing really works wit it. What do you guys think of these from Blue Nile? I''ve never seen one in person. My fiance hates the 5 diamond look or if you can tell that it''s ''half way'' around...do you think it would be obvious with the first, even with a size 4? Any opinion? I feel like it''s the type of band I might like for a month, but somehow I''m drawn to it.

I will just fix the links -

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
They''re both beautiful rings but if i had to pick, I''d pick the full eternity.

Just make sure there wouldn''t be any problems returning the ring if you don''t like it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:40:51 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thank you miss!

Hi Scorpio,

I would have to agree, I think you might tire of this particular look over time. I think maybe a classic eternity band might keep you happier in the long run. And yes, I think you would still be able to tell on the first that it wasn't full.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 8:52:59 AM
Author: Ellen

Thank you miss!

Hi Scorpio,

I would have to agree, I think you might tire of this particular look over time. I think maybe a classic eternity band might keep you happier in the long run. And yes, I think you would still be able to tell on the first that it wasn''t full.
Velcome!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
ohhh the full eternity is beautiful! I honestly don''t like the way the first one looks..it looks unfinished..then when I clicked on #2..I said OH YES..that''s why...it should be an eternity. BEAUTIFUL!
30.gif

Fox2009

Rough_Rock
I like either, but I, personally, like the 1/2 one better--just because I think full eternity bands with large diamonds can look bulky around the finger and be uncomfortable. Beautiful choice, I like how it is a little different from the typical eternity band, but still classic!

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
I like the full eternity better.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:52:59 AM
Author: Ellen

Thank you miss!

Hi Scorpio,

I would have to agree, I think you might tire of this particular look over time. I think maybe a classic eternity band might keep you happier in the long run. And yes, I think you would still be able to tell on the first that it wasn''t full.

Ditto! I think the classic eternity might make you happier in the long run.
30.gif

But if you love this look, go for it! I love the full eternity because no matter where it spins, you always see diamonds!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks like these will he a challenge to keep clean. I prefer something with straight lines but that''s just me.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I like the full eternity band. I would love to see the ring in person as well. Seems like it would be really sparkly. It''s beautiful!
30.gif

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for fixing the links!! I would have to see these in person, but blue nile''s return policy is pretty good. I also think I get an extra 10% off through work. I just noticed it says to "call" for less than a size 5 on the full eternity, yet on the partial they have small sizes. I wonder if the full doesn''t come below a 5 and if the partial would look fuller on my size 4 fingers?

I love the classic round band, but my fiance doesn''t want something "blingy", where as I want a fuller, chunkier look since the band will be worn on it''s own and this is something that looks more substancial than the size band I can afford (and that he would like). I also like asscher bands- someone here has a gorgeous 5 ct one. I''m not sure how I feel about that with the oval e ring. I think something else rounded and more feminine is a better choice, right?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I see you dilemma! I just found your Show Me the Ring thread and your ring is absolutely gorgeous and holds it''s own without any band. The oval and pears are beautiful together. It does make it tough to find a complimentary band. I can see now that anything straight is not the answer. The garland style is pretty but you probably need to see it on to know for sure.

ScorpioNYC

Shiny_Rock
It does, right? I would wear it on my other hand. The only band I could wear is a custom made curved one, which I think takes away from the E ring, which is more than enough for my small hands.

Date: 3/24/2009 7:44:44 PM
Author: swingirl
I see you dilemma! I just found your Show Me the Ring thread and your ring is absolutely gorgeous and holds it''s own without any band. The oval and pears are beautiful together. It does make it tough to find a complimentary band. I can see now that anything straight is not the answer. The garland style is pretty but you probably need to see it on to know for sure.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think your ering looks perfect without a wedding band next to it. Glad you are going to wear the band on your right hand in which case the sky''s the limit for design. I prefer a full eterity. I have WF''s 3/4 eternity but on my finder it spins and it annoys me to look down and see the plain metal part facing up. For people who have fingers that hold a ring in place the 1/2 and 3/4 are fine. But I am sorry I didn''t get a full eternity. And since most of the time our fingers are apart I think the 5 stone look is obvious that it''s not an eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results