shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Experience and B2C Jewels

jbase16

Rough_Rock
Hi All:

I figured I would share my experience with the above two vendors so that you may all benefit from it. Blue Nile has the exact same stones listed on their website as two other vendors that I came across, specifically, in this case B2C Jewels. Initially, I thought I would buy a stone that I wanted from Blue Nile, because of their size and name, but I saw that they were $1500-2000 higher in cost than B2C. When I asked them if they would price match, they, behind my back, put the stone on hold and so that it couldn't be sold by another vendor (B2C) to me. Then they told me they couldn't price match the stone and that B2C could not possibly buy the stone from that supplier because of an exclusive agreement with Blue Nile OR even buy it at that price (which made no sense to me because if they couldn't buy it, why would the 'price' even matter). Anyway, I called up Blue Nile to complain and it took them 2 full days to take the stone off hold so that I could buy it from B2C at $1800 less. I actually was able to buy the stone from B2C and it is perfect. Blue Nile had nothing to say to me when I told them that I was able to buy it from B2C even though they lied to me that B2C was not able to purchase it from the supplier AND had no explanation as to why they put it on hold when I never asked it to be put on hold (obviously they didn't want me to buy it through B2C).

In summary, B2C was a great vendor to work with and has the best prices out there. Blue Nile was deceptive (in my opinion) and I would not personally do business with them again.

ph19

Rough_Rock
jbase16|1363379577|3405785 said:
Hi All:

I figured I would share my experience with the above two vendors so that you may all benefit from it. Blue Nile has the exact same stones listed on their website as two other vendors that I came across, specifically, in this case B2C Jewels. Initially, I thought I would buy a stone that I wanted from Blue Nile, because of their size and name, but I saw that they were $1500-2000 higher in cost than B2C. When I asked them if they would price match, they, behind my back, put the stone on hold and so that it couldn't be sold by another vendor (B2C) to me. Then they told me they couldn't price match the stone and that B2C could not possibly buy the stone from that supplier because of an exclusive agreement with Blue Nile OR even buy it at that price (which made no sense to me because if they couldn't buy it, why would the 'price' even matter). Anyway, I called up Blue Nile to complain and it took them 2 full days to take the stone off hold so that I could buy it from B2C at $1800 less. I actually was able to buy the stone from B2C and it is perfect. Blue Nile had nothing to say to me when I told them that I was able to buy it from B2C even though they lied to me that B2C was not able to purchase it from the supplier AND had no explanation as to why they put it on hold when I never asked it to be put on hold (obviously they didn't want me to buy it through B2C).

In summary, B2C was a great vendor to work with and has the best prices out there. Blue Nile was deceptive (in my opinion) and I would not personally do business with them again.

Great Post I might buy a Diamond On B2c too. I notice that they have a lot

ph19

Rough_Rock
Hey Jbase,

How do you find the same Diamond on Different site? Is it by the certification Number? I notice every company has different Sku number for the Diamond

Let me know how u found the same Diamond =)

TracyBear

Shiny_Rock
The same thing happened to me. I found a virtual diamond that I really liked and it was listed on 3 different website. I choose Blue Nile because they have a 100% upgrade policy while B2CJewels policy is only 80%. I asked Blue Niles for a price match as the stone was listed for $3000 more on their site. They said they'll look into it. It never happened. I ended up getting a stone from B2CJewels and I can't be happier with my stone. :bigsmile: I wished that B2Cjewels had a 100% upgrade policy though. You win some, you lose some. :rolleyes:

PH19, you have to use several search engines to find the best price. :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback Jbase. Ironically I was reading Ivouch reviews last night and was surprised by the number of disappointing experience that others have had. I've never personally used them, but they are a vendor that is sometimes recommended on these boards, so it's nice to read another members personal experience. I have heard that Blue Nile has contracts with some dealers stating that BN will list the dealers stones, so long as the dealer make the same stones available to any of it's competitors. :nono: I'm happy though that you were able to purchase the stone from the vendor of your choice. I can't wait to see photos of your new pretty!

NiceSmile

Rough_Rock
glad things worked out for you.

B2C needs to improve their website.

Can you go to B2C and view stones in person?

jbase16

Rough_Rock
TracyBear|1363387561|3405877 said:
The same thing happened to me. I found a virtual diamond that I really liked and it was listed on 3 different website. I choose Blue Nile because they have a 100% upgrade policy while B2CJewels policy is only 80%. I asked Blue Niles for a price match as the stone was listed for $3000 more on their site. They said they'll look into it. It never happened. I ended up getting a stone from B2CJewels and I can't be happier with my stone. :bigsmile: I wished that B2Cjewels had a 100% upgrade policy though. You win some, you lose some. :rolleyes:

PH19, you have to use several search engines to find the best price. :)

Quite easy actually, just use the GIA cert number and you can also compare length width depth, etc.

jbase16

Rough_Rock
ph19|1363387058|3405871 said:
Hey Jbase,

How do you find the same Diamond on Different site? Is it by the certification Number? I notice every company has different Sku number for the Diamond

Let me know how u found the same Diamond =)

Quite easy actually, just use the GIA cert number and you can also compare length width depth, etc.

jbase16

Rough_Rock
NiceSmile|1363411048|3406137 said:
glad things worked out for you.

B2C needs to improve their website.

Can you go to B2C and view stones in person?

Yes, but it is not common practice. Depending on how much you are going to spend and your level of interest, they will let you view stones in their Manhattan offices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results