shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Diamond help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Helamonster76

Rough_Rock
I have found 2 diamonds that I would apreciate some feedback on. This is my first time, so I hope I have all the information you all need.

Here I go:

1.38 ct
AGS
Ideal
f
vs2 Total Grade: 0
Sym: Ideal
Pol: Ideal
Fluor: Neg
diameter: 7.21mm (7.18-7.23) 0.7%
total depth: 4.42 mm 61.2%
table: 3.90 mm 54.1% 0
crown: 33.8° (33.6°-34.0°) 15.6% 0
pavil: 40.8° (40.7°-40.9°) 43.2% 0
culet: 0.3% pointed 0
girdle: 1.5% (1.2%-1.9%) (thin-sl. thick) Medium 0
$10,931

1.42 ct
GIA
Ideal
F vs1
Sym: VG
Pol: Ex
Flur: none total grade: 0
diameter: 7.29 (7.26-7.23)
total depth: 4.47mm 61.3%
table: 4.02mm 55.1% 0
crown: 33.1° 14.5% 1
pavil: 41.4° 43.9% 1
culet: .07% very small 0
girdle: 1.6% (1.2%-0.7%) thin Medium 0
$11,482

One more thing. In regards to the thread involving Blue Nile and the price change errors. The #2 stone was listed @ $12,900 - 2 hours after I originally found it. So I called to get the sarin, and they told me they would honor the original $11,482 for 1 week after the price change. I found them to be very helpful, and very quick in faxing me the sarin reports on these two stones.
Just thought I would add that for my experince with BN.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Stone #2 is not an ideal-cut stone by AGS0 definition. The pavilion angle is too deep and the crown angle is too shallow......that''s why you see the little *1*s next to them. The "total grade" on these, I believe, would not be 0.

Additionally, the symmetry is VG.....another reason why it doesn''t meet AGS0 standards.

Of the two stones, the first one would appear to have far more promise.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 7:34:44 AM
Author: aljdewey
Stone #2 is not an ideal-cut stone by AGS0 definition. The pavilion angle is too deep and the crown angle is too shallow......that''s why you see the little *1*s next to them. The ''total grade'' on these, I believe, would not be 0.

Additionally, the symmetry is VG.....another reason why it doesn''t meet AGS0 standards.

Of the two stones, the first one would appear to have far more promise.
I agree with aljdewey. However, I think that you can do better both pricewise and cut wise with another vendor... IMO.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Assuming neither is an H&A diamond, in this instance the 2nd stone may actually be the better overall performer. Both stones should have very good fire however the 2nd stone may appear brighter in more suffuse light with the former being a little darker. Attached are Gem Advisor files for what you may potentially have here and when you run the cut analysis within the Gem Advisor softare it gives higher brilliance results for stone #2 over stone #1. The attachement in this post below is of the 1.42ct.

Helamonster, you''ll need go download and install the free Gem Advisor software which you can get at this link. Open it up, play with the buttons (this will associate all .gem files with the program), then you can click on the lil link below and open up the files.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Argh... I can''t post .gem files anymore?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you drop me a pm/email I''ll forward you the models Hela.

Helamonster76

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information so far. I am very anxious to get the center stone, the band should be ready in about 7 days. We got a Jaffe band through a local jeweler here in Georgia. I have been casually looking for the center stone for a few months, but now it''s "go time" and to be honest I am afraid. It is a lot of money to spend on something that is rated by a lot of subjective opinions, so we want to make the right choice.

If it wasn''t for this site we probably would have ended up paying $10,000 for a cz.

thanks for all the great info!

Helamonster76

Rough_Rock
Rhino,

I sent you a pm - wondering if you got it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results