shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue nile appraisal

Tomdiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Anyone ever ordered a blue nile engagement ring to the UK? If so did it come with an appraisal? Was the appraisal value in GBP pounds? And how much was the value of the appraisal over the price you paid for the ring?
Thanks

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I have - twice (2010 and 2016). In both cases it came with an appraisal. Can't remember if in GBP but I think so. It was about 50% more than the price paid in both cases. Hope that helps!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do you want the appraisal to be more than you paid? You’ll just pay more for your insurance!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Why do you want the appraisal to be more than you paid? You’ll just pay more for your insurance!

OP did not say they wanted it to be more than what they paid. Blue Nile always over-appraises their diamonds, thus OP asked how much was the value of the appraisal over the paid product.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I considered the appraisal price to be vastly inflated, like vanity sizing for jewellery! I insured with the price paid.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My blue Nile appraisals are always double what I paid, if not more which actually isn’t helpful for insurance.

If you insure, use the actual amount paid— use the receipt.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also make sure to specify if it is a certain brand of diamond - e.g. CBI, WF ACA, BG Blue, BN Astor, etc - as that way it is harder to be fobbed off with some generic GIA XXX with terrible angles... lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results