shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue-Green Tourmaline

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I got the beautiful blue-green tourmaline recently cut by Gene. Here is the vendor picture first. It is 1.36ct, 6.6mm.

pl_4_detail_1.png

In its box:

On my hand:

IMG_2018a.JPG

IMG_2030a.JPG

A few "glamour" shots:

The "flowers" looks dirty :oops: , but the stone is lovely, showing more blue here.

IMG_2036a.JPG

IMG_2037a.JPG

The stone shift its color a little bit, showing more blue or more green depending on lighting. I have more difficulty in capture its equally greener side with my camera. It is bright and beautifully cut; the color resembles that of a lake.

:love: Congrats! :love:
It is a beautiful stone and I am a little jealous because I "purchased" the stone (along with five others!) but wasn't the first. Thanks for posting the glamour shots. Do you have any ideas on setting it yet?

It takes my breath away. EXACTLY the color I've always wanted! The cut is wonderful too. Oooo, lucky you! Smart you!

--- Laurie

Very beautiful. It will make a gorgeous piece of jewellery. Congratulations.

I'm going to cry.....
You are one lucky devil !!!! :devil:

Enjoy it ~ It is hard for me to imagine a more beautiful color !!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Atwater|1300001392|2870629 said:
In its box:

Lovely stone, enjoy!! This photo scares me as I see it could easily drop on that tile floor!!! :eek:

That is stunning. Wait until you walk around with it in a low light area - I bet it will have a glow. :love:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
So pretty! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I didn't see it until after the stone sold, but oh man did i want it!!

-A

Whaaaaaaaa! ;( I "purchased" it too.... soooo beautiful.

ENJOY it! It's absolutely lovely!!! :appl:

What will you set it in??

Oh my, amazing! What a perfect color! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!

Akmiss and k9muttlover: Gene told me that there are a bunch of people purchased it after me. Lucky me.

JewelFreak, ooo~Shiney, Novel: The color is my favorite color, and I did not even imagine that I could get it in a stone. When I saw it posted, I knew I have to have it.

TL: I was super careful when holding the box in the air. I usually don't do that, not even when there is carpet below. But you are right, better not doing it at all than regretting it later.

LovingDiamonds: I want to make it into a gorgous jewelry too and I want to see it all the time!

When I purchased the stone, I was thinking of making a pendent out of it. My E-ring knocks onto something from time to time, and I do not want to have to be extra careful about my jewelry. I was actually thinking of styles like these:

Attachments

But now I am leaning towards making it a ring so that I can enjoy it more. I am thinking of probably bezeling it to give it more protection. Any suggestion on the style?

LD will probably wack me over the head with a huge cyber stick, but I would set that in rose gold. :love:

Beautiful stone!

tourmaline_lover|1300046660|2870890 said:
LD will probably wack me over the head with a huge cyber stick, but I would set that in rose gold. :love:

LOL.

Sounds pretty to me.

LOVE the color of that stone! Lucky you!

The necklace design is pretty but it would be gorgeous bezel-set (James Meyer style) in yellow or rose gold :cheeky:
Then you could drool over it all day long..........

I would put it in a ring so I could gaze at that beautiful stone whenever I wanted. Lovely :love:

tourmaline_lover|1300046660|2870890 said:

I am usually not a fan of rose gold, but I love the look of your mint garnet in rose gold. I probably would use rose gold for my mint garnet, but I am not sure of setting this baby in rose gold yet :cheeky:

Boy, this forum is addictive. Before I knew it, I am using my lunch break to post. :!:

akmiss|1300122762|2871445 said:
The necklace design is pretty but it would be gorgeous bezel-set (James Meyer style) in yellow or rose gold :cheeky:
Then you could drool over it all day long..........

I love James Meyer's design, so creative. A gorgeous bezel-set in yellow gold sounds yummy :lickout:

That stone is amazing. I would probably put it in a pendant as well because it's not like stones that color are a dime a dozen...if you damage it you may not find another. :cry:

artdecogirl|1300123068|2871451 said:
I would put it in a ring so I could gaze at that beautiful stone whenever I wanted. Lovely :love:

I totally agree, and it is going to be a ring! Now I need to find a style that complements its beauty.

kelpie|1300131210|2871611 said:
That stone is amazing. I would probably put it in a pendant as well because it's not like stones that color are a dime a dozen...if you damage it you may not find another. :cry:

Woops, am I going to think twice about my decision :?: :!:

kelpie|1300131210|2871611 said:

totally agree! i chipped 2 tourmalines this year. That is the reason i haven't set my barry blue tourm yet... i had every intention of setting it into a 3 stone... then whack! my green one's chipped.. then another one's chipped.

but otoh, it's so pretty i can't imagine wearing on the neck and not being able to see it!

Gorgeous color! WOW! I would probably set it in either white gold or maybe rose gold, but I don't think that blue-green color would look good in yellow gold. I would probably set it in a ring but some of the others might be right about not wanting to take the chance of damaging it.

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP