shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue-Green Tourmaline

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I got the beautiful blue-green tourmaline recently cut by Gene. Here is the vendor picture first. It is 1.36ct, 6.6mm.

pl_4_detail_1.png

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
In its box:

On my hand:

IMG_2018a.JPG

IMG_2030a.JPG

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
A few "glamour" shots:

The "flowers" looks dirty :oops: , but the stone is lovely, showing more blue here.

IMG_2036a.JPG

IMG_2037a.JPG

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
The stone shift its color a little bit, showing more blue or more green depending on lighting. I have more difficulty in capture its equally greener side with my camera. It is bright and beautifully cut; the color resembles that of a lake.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
:love: Congrats! :love:
It is a beautiful stone and I am a little jealous because I "purchased" the stone (along with five others!) but wasn't the first. Thanks for posting the glamour shots. Do you have any ideas on setting it yet?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It takes my breath away. EXACTLY the color I've always wanted! The cut is wonderful too. Oooo, lucky you! Smart you!

--- Laurie

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful. It will make a gorgeous piece of jewellery. Congratulations.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to cry.....
You are one lucky devil !!!! :devil:

Enjoy it ~ It is hard for me to imagine a more beautiful color !!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Atwater|1300001392|2870629 said:
In its box:

Lovely stone, enjoy!! This photo scares me as I see it could easily drop on that tile floor!!! :-o

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning. Wait until you walk around with it in a low light area - I bet it will have a glow. :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
So pretty! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I didn't see it until after the stone sold, but oh man did i want it!!

-A

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Whaaaaaaaa! ;( I "purchased" it too.... soooo beautiful.

ENJOY it! It's absolutely lovely!!! :appl:

What will you set it in??

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, amazing! What a perfect color! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Akmiss and k9muttlover: Gene told me that there are a bunch of people purchased it after me. Lucky me.

JewelFreak, ooo~Shiney, Novel: The color is my favorite color, and I did not even imagine that I could get it in a stone. When I saw it posted, I knew I have to have it.

TL: I was super careful when holding the box in the air. I usually don't do that, not even when there is carpet below. But you are right, better not doing it at all than regretting it later.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds: I want to make it into a gorgous jewelry too and I want to see it all the time!

When I purchased the stone, I was thinking of making a pendent out of it. My E-ring knocks onto something from time to time, and I do not want to have to be extra careful about my jewelry. I was actually thinking of styles like these:

Attachments

• pendent1234.bmp
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,045

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
But now I am leaning towards making it a ring so that I can enjoy it more. I am thinking of probably bezeling it to give it more protection. Any suggestion on the style?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD will probably wack me over the head with a huge cyber stick, but I would set that in rose gold. :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone!

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1300046660|2870890 said:
LD will probably wack me over the head with a huge cyber stick, but I would set that in rose gold. :love:

LOL.

Sounds pretty to me.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE the color of that stone! Lucky you!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
The necklace design is pretty but it would be gorgeous bezel-set (James Meyer style) in yellow or rose gold :cheeky:
Then you could drool over it all day long..........

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would put it in a ring so I could gaze at that beautiful stone whenever I wanted. Lovely :love:

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
tourmaline_lover|1300046660|2870890 said:

I am usually not a fan of rose gold, but I love the look of your mint garnet in rose gold. I probably would use rose gold for my mint garnet, but I am not sure of setting this baby in rose gold yet :cheeky:

Boy, this forum is addictive. Before I knew it, I am using my lunch break to post. :!:

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
akmiss|1300122762|2871445 said:
The necklace design is pretty but it would be gorgeous bezel-set (James Meyer style) in yellow or rose gold :cheeky:
Then you could drool over it all day long..........

I love James Meyer's design, so creative. A gorgeous bezel-set in yellow gold sounds yummy :lickout:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That stone is amazing. I would probably put it in a pendant as well because it's not like stones that color are a dime a dozen...if you damage it you may not find another. :cry:

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
artdecogirl|1300123068|2871451 said:
I would put it in a ring so I could gaze at that beautiful stone whenever I wanted. Lovely :love:

I totally agree, and it is going to be a ring! Now I need to find a style that complements its beauty.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1300131210|2871611 said:
That stone is amazing. I would probably put it in a pendant as well because it's not like stones that color are a dime a dozen...if you damage it you may not find another. :cry:

Woops, am I going to think twice about my decision :?: :!:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1300131210|2871611 said:

totally agree! i chipped 2 tourmalines this year. That is the reason i haven't set my barry blue tourm yet... i had every intention of setting it into a 3 stone... then whack! my green one's chipped.. then another one's chipped.

but otoh, it's so pretty i can't imagine wearing on the neck and not being able to see it!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color! WOW! I would probably set it in either white gold or maybe rose gold, but I don't think that blue-green color would look good in yellow gold. I would probably set it in a ring but some of the others might be right about not wanting to take the chance of damaging it.

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results