shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue faceted sapphire or blue star sapphire??

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Both?

But, given my screen name and avatar pic, for me there's only one possible answer. The star, of course! :) The star is bright and sharp. The body is clean and unusually transparent and the colour is exceptionally strong for a star stone.

But seriously, these are such different flavours the only you can know which you prefer.

Hmm this is tough... I think it is a matter of taste (and whether you like faceted or stars better). That star is beautiful and unique. But I'm a color girl, and the faceted stone wins in that dept. with a purer blue. So that would be my choice if you twisted my arm. :)

Both?

But, given my screen name and avatar pic, for me there's only one possible answer. The star, of course! :) The star is bright and sharp. The body is clean and unusually transparent and the colour is exceptionally strong for a star stone.

But seriously, these are such different flavours the only you can know which you prefer.

He makes a good point, OP... that quality of star is rarer than the faceted, so that should play into your decision too!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The star Sapphire appears to me more personally, however, I am not the one who is going to wear it!

DK ;)2

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both appeal me. The star sapphire ring I just received in the mail. The faceted sapphire ring I have had a couple years. As much as it's so sparkly and beautiful, I just don't wear it often enough and I do not know why. I have always yearned a star sapphire ring....

I have the faceted ring up for sale so I think I may stick to the original plan which is to sell the faceted sapphire ring to fund the star sapphire ring

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I just don't wear it often enough and I do not know why. I have always yearned a star sapphire ring....

Well, there’s your answer right there.

I love the faceted stone, btw. But they’re both beautiful so there isn’t really a “wrong” choice here.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Both appeal me. The star sapphire ring I just received in the mail. The faceted sapphire ring I have had a couple years. As much as it's so sparkly and beautiful, I just don't wear it often enough and I do not know why. I have always yearned a star sapphire ring....

I have the faceted ring up for sale so I think I may stick to the original plan which is to sell the faceted sapphire ring to fund the star sapphire ring
They are both beautiful. I don’t envy you your decision. But maybe you already have your answer……

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think you have answered your own question also. The faceted sapphire is lovely but doesn’t stand out as much as a star sapphire does, which is a more unique stone. The color on the star is really nice too even when the star isn’t present. Personally, I also like the setting on the star over the faceted based on the profile.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The star is the prettier with pinpoint light but the lesser of the two otherwise, imo.

You have been on this forum for a while so I assume that like the rest of us you would want or have seen a reputable (and reassuring) report for either. Plenty of phony/coated stars out there.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The star because the base colour is a solid blue, star is strong and well centered, outline is also pleasing, lovely dome, just all around a really good star.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Star sapphire. The first thing that came to mind when I looked at the first photo was that the start Sapphire just stood out, as if to say "Look at me, I'm over here", while the faceted sapphire, while pretty, seemed to be trying to hide in the background.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both ❤️
But the star has my attention!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'd keep the star. That's a great base color for the star sapphire, which will be much life difficult to find a replacement. The faceted sapphire is pretty too, but the shade looks a lot like a zircon from afar and is probably not as unique.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results